Getting ready for Double dates

Regina's point of view
After we got to the infirmary, the nurse cleaned and bandaged my wounds. Meanwhile, Evie and Doug explained what happened. "That's the second time this week that you've been in here, Regina," the nurse told me. "It's not my fault! Chad's the one who's been doing this," I cried. "I can't believe that I let Chad reel me in like that!" Evie cried. "Evie, I told you that it's not your fault. Chad's tricked several girls into doing his homework," I said as the nurse finished bandaging my arm. I promised her that Chad would pay for what he did.

Just then, the phone rang. The nurse answered it, then hung up. "Mr. Delay said that he is finished grading your tests. You can go back to get them," she told us. We thanked the nurse and went back to the classroom. We got our test back, and Mr. Delay told us that Chad confessed to taking the mirror, and apologized to Evie about having her mirror. She smiled and we left. As we left, I ran into Grayson, who asked in a whisper, "Will you go on a date with me?" I was surprised, but said, "Sure." Then I left to meet Doug.

A few minutes later, Doug and I were at a picnic table when Evie came up behind him. She showed him her test paper. "Can I see, please?" I asked. Evie nodded and handed me her test paper. She got a B+! I smiled at her proudly, and gave her a high five. "For the first time, It's like I'm more than just a pretty face," Evie said.

"Shocker, huh?" Doug asked. "I think that I could get an A on the test without the mirror," Evie said. "I think so too. We could even study together. What do you think?" I asked. She nodded. "In fact, I need your help. Grayson asked me out on a date later on. Can you help me get ready for it?" I asked. "Of course," Evie smiled. Just then, Mal came up to us. "There you are! I've been looking for you literally everywhere!" she exclaimed.

"What's got you all flustered?" I giggled. "Ben just asked me out on...a date," she said in a strained tone. "What a coincidence. Grayson asked me the same thing," I replied. Evie and I got up from the table, and walked away with Mal. Evie talked to Mal about doing make up on her, and she kept protesting. "Come on Mal. I'm sure a little makeup wouldn't hurt," I said laughing.

That's when she noticed the bandage on my arm. "What happened?" she asked. "Chad happened," Evie replied, scowling. We arrived at their dorm room, and Evie and I helped Mal get ready. Evie got a dress for her, and I curled her hair a little. "Easy on the blush," she told Evie. "I don't wanna scare him." "Please. My mother taught me to apply blush before I could talk. Always use upward strokes," Evie replied, giving Mal one last stroke of blush.

"My mom has never been big on make-up, and I've never had a sister," said Mal. "You do now. We're going to need all the family we can get if we don't pull this off. My mother's not exactly a barrel of laughs when she doesn't get her way. Just ask Snow White," Evie replied. "Are you afraid of your mom?" she asked Mal. "I just want her to be proud of me. I know she loves me in her own way," Mal replied.

"I'm sure you're not afraid of your mom. Are you Regina?" Mal asked, turning to me. "No. But I'm afraid for my mom," I replied. "Why?" Evie asked. "Because, after Chad bullied me for the first time, Grandpa suggested keeping me in the castle for my own safety. Mom and Dad immediately objected it," I said. "Why?" asked Mal. "Mom said that it would be just like when Mother Gothel kept her in that tower. Even though it's been years since then, she still has nightmares about Mother Gothel. The last thing I want is my mother worried about becoming Mother Gothel," I replied.

"So, what happened after that?" Evie asked. "Ben came up to me, and he promised my parents that he would always be by my side and protect me from Chad," I replied. "So, Ben's friends with you because of a promise that he made to your parents?" Evie asked. "Yes and no. Ben is very protective over me, but we still are very good friends. We always come to each other when we have a problem, and we always help each other," I replied.  "Moving on," Evie said, ushering Mal towards the mirror. "Wow," Mal gasped. Very soon afterwards, there was a knock on the door. It was Ben. He had two helmets, one under each arm. "For once, I truly understand the meaning between pretty and beautiful. Hope you like bikes," he said to Mal. They then left for their date.