Prologue

Melody smiled as she saw the welcome to Mystic Falls sign. She has avoided her parents calls every since Bella pointed out the adoption to her. Now Melody was on her way to find who her birth parents are. Getting tired of the phone calls, Melody answered it. "Hello?"

"Melody, ignore your sister."

"Was I adopted?" Melody asked as she found a place to eat. "Because I don't look nothing like you or dad and Bella has always hated me."

Damon looked to see a new face and wonder why she is here. "Yes, but that doesn't mean that we love you any less. You are our child."

"How long were you planning to keep it hid? Till your death beds."

"Melody, I know you are upset, but please come home so we can discuss this."

Melody hung the phone up and sighed as she grabbed a menu. Damon sat across from her and cleared his throat. "Yes?'

"You're a new face."

"Yeah. I'm Melody Swan."

"What brings you here to Mystic Falls?"

"Finding who my birth family is." She tells him. "I saw my adoption papers. I was born here and this is where I start my search. Now if you excuse me..."

"Damon."

"Damon, I would like to be left alone so I can start my search."

Damon looked at Melody and wondered why he had this feeling that she should have never came back to Mystic Falls. He left to see if they found anything on the grimoire. Looking back at Melody, Damon was going to find out more on her.