Four

At school, Melody was by her locker when Caroline walked over to her. "Don't get mad, but I signed us up for Miss Mystic Falls."

"Why?" She asked.

"Because you need to get out of the house for one and two you need to be known around here. I see you winning." Caroline tells her causing Melody to laugh. "It'll help keep your mind off of you real family."

"Fine." She said. "One problem, though. I don't have a dress."

"That's why I've spoke to Bonnie and she said she will help the two of us."

Melody nodded even though she's confused about who Bonnie is. "Um...I've never met Bonnie." She said.

"Get ready to meet her."

Melody nodded as Elena walked over to them. Elena watched as Bonnie started talking to Melody. She was hurt that she couldn't talk to Melody for what she said and now Bonnie. Melody walked away with them.
~~~
Stefan saw Melody with her escort. He watched as they danced, she was a bit clumsy, but she just laughed it off. "Stefan." Elena said gaining his attention. "Are you sure you're under control?'

"Yes."

After rehearsal, Melody walked away, but Stefan saw her and decided to speak to her. "Hey." She looked at him. "I didn't know you were into this kind of thing."

"No." She says. "I'm not, but Caroline snuck and signed me up for it." She sighed. "Is Elena still not liking me?"

"I have no clue." He tells her as he saw her escort. "I'll see you later."

Melody nodded as she walked away. Stefan had a plan and that was to compel someone to go with Elena instead of him. He was going to do just that.
~~~
The next day, Melody stood in the room with a mirror admiring the dress. She hasn't heard from her escort since the rehearsal causing her to wonder if she should just bail. "Wow." She turned and smiled at Caroline. "You look amazing."

"Thanks." She said as she walked over to her. "Are we ready?"

Caroline nodded. Damon stood at the bottom of the stairs as he watched the pageant begin. He saw Caroline then Elena, but what surprised him was that Melody's escort was Elena's. Melody sighed as she knew she wasn't going to down there. "Next is Melody Swan."

Damon walked over to the bottom of the stairs and smiled as she walked down to him. "What's going on?"

"I have no clue."

Stefan saw Damon and Melody walking together. He loved the red on Melody, but the idea of hurting her bothered him. Melody smiled as she danced, but Stefan wished that was him dancing with her, but he couldn't as he was hungry. Melody looked at Damon as the dance finally ended. "Thank you." She tells him as she hugged him.

"Now to announce the winner." Mrs. Lockwood says. "The winner of Miss Mystic Falls is...Melody Swan."

Everyone cheered as Melody was given the crown. "I'm sorry." She tells them. "I don't want this. I came here looking for my family just to meet an incredible friend." She grabbed Caroline's hand. "I don't want to be Miss Mystic Falls. I think the crown should go to Caroline, not me."

"Melody, but..."

"I'm not a selfish person." She said as she placed the crown on her head. "Thank you for being my friend."

"Forever." Caroline said as she hugged Melody as everyone cheered.

Carol walked over after Melody as she walked away. "Melody." She turned to look at her. "I wanted to say that was the sweetest thing that I have ever seen." She said. "You should have kept it as you actually deserve to be Miss Mystic Falls. It takes someone so compassionate to be Miss Mystic Falls and that is you."

"I just did this for the fun of it. Thank you though."

"Melody, why don't you and Caroline share the title?"

"If Caroline wants to."

"I do." Caroline said. "Let's share it."

Melody smiled and nodded. Carol smiled as she watched them walk away. "Those two are like sisters." She mumbled as she went to Liz to see what they have on the vampire attack.
~~~
"Caroline Forbes, hush." Melody said as Bonnie laughed. "Okay, so..."

Bonnie smiled as she was happy to gain a new friend. A friend she hopes doesn't get turned.