Twenty

Stefan was shocked at the person standing in front of him. Isobel. "Why are you here?"

"I came to see Melody."

Melody appeared behind Stefan to see Isobel. "Why are you here?" She asked. "You compelled me to forget that we met."

"I was only protecting you. I never wanted to give you up, but knowing that Klaus wanted Elena, I was afraid he would come after you. I even told John why." She says as Stefan kept Melody behind him. "If Klaus sees that Harmony has a doppelgänger, then I don't know what he will do."

"What do you mean?" Melody asked as she got in front of Stefan.

Isobel looked at Stefan who nodded. Melody will tell him later. Isobel watched as Stefan and Melody shared a kiss before leaving. He didn't like this at all, but at least Melody will get the answers she's been looking for.
~~~
Melody walked with Elena as Isobel told Elena what she knows. "What about Melody?"

"Melody wasn't supposed to found out who she was." Isobel tells them. "Her fate was sealed when she came back home. Melody was meant to turn at the age of seventeen because of what she truly is to Stefan. That's why I sent you away. I was hoping you were to never be discovered. Yet, you came searching for answers."

"What am I then?'

"Stefan's soulmate. Surprised you two aren't expecting yet."

Elena looked at Melody shocked as the girl didn't say anything. Melody just kept quiet till they watched Isobel take her daylight necklace off and go up in flames. "No!" Melody cried out as Elena held her back from touching her.

The two held on to one another mourning the death of the woman who was trying to protect them in her own way. Elena knew that the only blood family she has is Melody and John, but she will never stop calling Jeremy her brother either.
~~~
When they got back to the Salvatore's, Stefan ran outside to Melody and hugged her. Elena saw what Isobel was telling them. "She is special." She says causing Stefan to look at her. "Melody maybe Harmony's doppelgänger, but she's your soulmate. That's why you are like that with her. You two are connected. Always was."

"Thank you."

Elena nodded as she went in to Jason. Melody looked up at Stefan and smiled. "Apparently we can have kids."

Stefan didn't know what to think as she started telling him what Isobel had informed them before killing herself. He knew he would protect Melody from whatever Klaus may have in mind for her.