Eleven

Melody woke up thinking about today. She didn't know what Katherine wanted with her, but she knew one thing. Stefan and Elena were fighting and she has no idea why. "What's on your mind?"

"Elena is my sister and she thought to keep it from me and now that her and Stefan are fighting, guess who will be blamed for that." She says. "I wish she could see that she is ruining their relationship not me."

"Have you told her that?"

"Anything I say will go through one ear and out the other." She says. "Elena doesn't care about what I have to say and Katherine..." Melody sighed. "She treats me more like her sister than Elena ever did.'

Caroline hugged her. "She's just blinded by jealousy because Stefan's feeling changed and went to a beautiful and amazing girl."

"Me?" She says as Caroline nodded causing her to blush. "Why me? I'm not special."

"You are to him."
~~~
Later that day, Melody was painting when she heard Elena and Stefan fighting. She rolled her eyes as she continued to paint. Elena walked over to her and started in on her. "You know that the reason why we are fighting is because of you."

"What did I do?" She asked. "I don't recall flirting with him or coming between you two, but you accuse me of such lies that comes out of that damn mouth. Maybe Stefan is better off with someone who will actually love him instead of worrying about the girl who is with falling for his brother." Melody gasped. "Wait, you did."

Elena stood shock as Melody walked away with Caroline laughing at what just happened. "What just happened?" Elena asked.

"Your mean girl act didn't work on her. She's fed up with your allegations. Now, I need to go find my best friend."

Stefan looked at Elena and walked over to her. "I don't know what your problem is with Melody, but it's got to stop." He says. "I can't help where my heart is leading me too. Melody treated me as a person and not someone that thinks she's got it all." Stefan realized what he was saying. "That's why I'm actually falling for Melody Swan. She's a mystery, but she treats everyone with respect and yes, we bonded, but the more I know her the deeper I fall for her. It's actually over between us."

Elena stood shock as she watched Stefan walk away to find Melody. "What did I do?"

Mason knew that Katherine's words got to Stefan. Stefan realized he fell for Melody, but Mason has to trick the brothers.
~~~
Melody heard fighting and ran to see Stefan and Damon getting vervain in them. "Oh no." She says as she ran to find Caroline.

"There you are." She says hugging her. "What's wrong?"

"Stefan and Damon are in danger. We need to do something."

"Come on, we need Elena's help."

Melody left causing Caroline to go get Elena. The Swan girl waited for Caroline and Elena to arrive. The two arrived causing her to look at them. "Go. I'm not going in unless I need to."

Caroline hugged her before running in to help in, but she stopped. "If you're not going in, I won't either." She says. "You're on your own, Elena."

Elena went in to save Stefan. Melody looked at Caroline who grabbed her hand. "Go in there and save him. I know you love him."

"I'll only do this for Stefan. Not Elena."

"Good." Caroline says as they went in.

Melody stopped in front of Liz as Caroline got off her back. "Hi." She says.

"Melody?"

"Yep, I'm one."

"How?"

"I died and I woke up like this." She says. "Please let them go."

Stefan looked at the heartbroken Swan who was starting to get comfortable with the idea of Liz as her mom. Liz didn't know what to say as she sat down. Caroline helped Elena as Melody went to the other side knowing Liz hated her. She heard Liz not understanding how her soon to be daughter was a vampire. She looked up not knowing that the adoption was about to be finalized. Melody left causing Caroline to look at her mom. "She would never hurt us. Stefan has been helping her and now, she feels like she did before."

"What did she feel like?" Liz asked as Damon knew the vervain was almost out.

"A monster."
~~~
Stefan looked at Elena. "You really mean it." She says. "You really love Melody."

"She showed her new self to Liz. That was the most heartbreaking thing to see." He says. "What Melody did, is the reason why I'm actually ending things. She makes it hard not to fall in love with her."

Elena watched Stefan walk in before she left with tears in her eyes.

Stefan stopped seeing Melody. "Can I stay here?"

"Of course." He says. "I'll show you a spare room."

Melody nodded as they walked upstairs. They both having feelings for one another, but how long till they finally confess.