Eight

Waking up with a gasp, Melody looked around to see she was still in the hospital. "Hello?" She said as she got out of the bed and started looking for someone that worked there till she smelt blood and looked into a room. She walked in to see the person on life support.

"You can't be in here." She heard and turned to see the nurse. "What are you doing out of bed?"

"Where's Caroline?"

"She went home." The nurse informed her. "Let's get you back to bed."

"When can I go home?"

"Whenever the doctor discharges you." She tells her. "Get some rest."

Melody nodded as she walked back to the bed. She slipped out the blood bag and started drinking it not knowing what was happening to her.
~~~
The next morning, Melody was sitting in the dark as she can't touch the light. If she did, she burns. She's scared and confused. Caroline poked her head in causing Melody to smile. "You came."

"I got your call and hurried down here. What's wrong?"

"I don't know what's happening to me, Care." Melody tells her as she looked her with veins on her face and fangs for teeth.

Caroline looked at her shocked and hugged her as Melody started crying. Her best friend is a vampire and she's more scared of herself then anything. "I'll help you." She said. "Come on, I think it's time for us to leave..."

"I have to wait till the sunsets or I'll burn." Melody tells her. "If you have somewhere's to go."

"There's a carnival at the school and I want you to meet me there tonight." Caroline tells her. "I'll get things for you to drink if you feel the urge. If someone is bleeding call me and try to fight it. Okay?"

Melody nodded as Caroline kissed her forehead. Melody watched her best friend leave causing her to sigh as she needed to get ready, but first, she needs to feed. "Hello." The nurse said.

"You won't make a sound."

The nurse nodded as Melody got on the other side of her and bit into her neck. She felt bad, but she has to feed some how.
~~~
When the sun finally set and the nurse compelled that her husband gets kinky, Melody took this as her chance to leave. She was tired of the smell of blood and she needed more answers of how this happened to her. She walked out and the first thing she smelt was someone bleeding. "Oh god." She mumbled as she pulled her phone out and started walking. "Come on, Care."

"Hello, beautiful."

Melody looked at the guy and before she knew it, she started feeding off him. She couldn't stop till his head fell off causing her to run off with her new found speed. She stopped behind buses as she seen she reached the school. Melody had tears in her eyes and called Caroline. "Caroline, I'm at the school. I need help."

"Melody?" She heard and looked at Damon.

"What's happening to me?" She said with tears in her eyes.

"What happened?"

"Elena came to visit and apologized before suffocating me." She tells him. "Help me."

Damon knew what he had to do. Melody can't be a vampire. He grabbed a stake and went to stab her just for Melody to flip him on his back and stabbing him in the stomach before running off.
~~~
"We have a problem." Damon tells Elena and Stefan. "Melody is a vampire."

"What?"

"She's on a feeding frenzy." Damon tells them. "She's got to die."

"No." Elena says. "We are not killing my sister."

"Stefan, you know this is the right way..."

"We're not killing Melody."
~~~
Melody sat near the dead body at her feet. She was covered in blood. "Melody?" She heard and saw Bonnie and Caroline. "Oh, Mel."

"I'm so sorry." She said. "I-I don't know what's happening and I can't stop."

Bonnie looked at Melody as she felt terrible. If she didn't ask Damon to give her blood. "Melody."

"No." She said as she held onto Caroline. "I don't want to die."

"Leave her alone." Caroline said as Elena and Stefan arrived.

"I got her." Stefan says as they went towards the locker room.

Melody saw Elena. "You did this to me." She said. "What is it going to take to prove to you that I'm not that type of person?"

"I didn't..."

"Come on." Stefan says as they went inside.
~~~
"Stefan, I'm a monster." She tells him.

Stefan had her look at him as he showed the veins under his eyes. "See. We're the same, but we aren't monsters." He tells her as he cleaned her face. "I gave you blood to save you, but didn't think Katherine would do this to you,"

"She apologized for killing me, but she wanted me to pass on a message to you and Damon." He nodded. "Game on."