Fourteen

Groaning in pain, Melody woke up to see she was in the back of the car with Elena. "Oh no." The trunk open revealing a guy. "Let me go."

"Sorry, no can do." He says snapping her neck.

Melody's body went limp. The vampire grabbed Melody first and handed her over. Then Elena.
~~~
That morning, Stefan woke up to hearing his phone ringing. He grabbed it and answered it without looking at the caller i.d. "Hello?"

"Stefan, please tell me that Melody is in bed."

Stefan got out of bed and walked to the room Melody was staying at. He opened the door and noticed that Melody was missing. "Caroline, I need to go find Bonnie. Melody is missing."

"Stefan, when you find her. Tell her how you truly feel."

Stefan heard the phone call end causing him to realize he needs to, but when. "Damon!" He says walking to his brothers room. "Melody's missing!"

Damon opened the door to look at his little brother. He could tell that Stefan was worried. They heard another call and looked to see it was Jeremy. They knew then. Elena is also missing, but their main concern is Melody Swan.
~~~
Melody woke up to see that she was in a room to herself. She never saw this room before. Getting up, Melody started searching for a way out. "Why did you grab the other doppelgänger?" She heard. "He doesn't want her, he wants the other one."

"She's a vampire."

"I know, but...she shouldn't be here."

Melody was confused till she remembered Elena. She walked downstairs to see Elena. "Are you okay?" Elena asked causing Melody to nod. "We need to get out of here."

The Swan girl looked around the room. "I don't think we can. There is literally two vampires versus one." Melody says. "Just sit and wait till Stefan comes to save us."

Elena nodded as she sat down. She felt a piece of paper and looked at it. Stefan and Damon are coming 4 Melody.-B

Not liking what she just read, Elena hid the note. She was not going to let Melody see that Stefan was on his way for her. Melody sat in another chair as she saw the female vampire walk in. "Why are we here?"

"You wasn't supposed to be here because Harmony died in the hands of Klaus because of Katherine's betrayal."

"Then what am I here for?"

"You are the doppelgänger. You are needed for a ritual."

Melody looked at her wondering what she was talking about. She didn't care what was said as she knew Elena was hiding something from her. The Swan girl listened to Rose, as she learnt, the story of her and Trevor's betrayal to this Klaus person.
~~~
Sometime that day, Melody was reading when she heard a noise. Rose grabbed Elena as Melody just stayed in her seat. "You know, I am thirsty." She says. "I could go for some blood."

Elena knew her sister was getting a bit thirsty. Melody looked to see a man in a suit. "Who is he?"

"Elijah." Rose responds to Melody's question.

Nodding, Melody walked away, but gasped as she watched Trevor die. She watched Elijah go to Elena as she offered the moonstone over for her freedom, but that wasn't working.

She moved away afraid that she would die too till she saw vervain get thrown. She ran upstairs just to be grabbed causing her to see Stefan. He put his finger to his lips telling her to be quiet as Elena glared at them. Melody nodded.

Elena walked out acting as if she was handing herself over. Melody watched as Stefan went down and put a stake in Elijah's chest. Elena ran downstairs as did Melody. Elena thought that Stefan would run to her, but he ran past her and over to Melody. "Are you okay?" He says looking her over.

"I'm thirsty for blood." She tells him as Stefan showed her the blood bag he was sipping on. "Thank you."

Stefan looked over her before picking her up and carrying her out of the house as Elena glared in jealousy.
~~~
Melody sat in her room drinking another blood bag as Stefan walked in. "Hey." She looked up. "Are you sure that you are okay?"

"Yeah." She says throwing the empty bag away. "I'm thinking of going over to Caroline's and staying since Elena doesn't want me here."

"I'm not going back to Elena." He tells her as he sat down. "I actually found someone that accepted my life with so much ease."

"Me?" He nodded. "Stefan..."

"Melody, from the moment we met, there was something there." He tells her causing him to touch her face. "Even Katherine proved it." Melody didn't know what to say. "Melody, when you went missing, I panicked. Seeing you there looking weak, I knew who I wanted."

"Stefan..."

"I want to be with you, Melody Swan." He says touching her face.

She smiled as she nodded. "I want to be with you, too."

Stefan leaned in and kissed her. Damon went to check on his best friend, but stopped seeing Melody and Stefan sharing a kiss. He knocked on the door causing them to separate. He held his arms out for Melody to walk over and hug her best friend. "Thank you for also saving me."

"Hey, I have to save my best friend."

Stefan laughed as this was what he wanted. Someone to care for his brother like a brother not fall in love with him like Elena. "I need to go home and spend time with Caroline and Liz."

'Are you sure?" Damon asked.

"Yes." She says looking at Stefan. "Because Stefan told me that even though she is compelled to forget what I am, it doesn't mean she loves me none the less."

Stefan smiled. "Let me take you home."

Melody nodded as they walked out of the room together. "You are more than welcome to stay, Mel."

"I promise I will, Damon." She tells him. "Besides, this is my second home."

Damon watched them leave smiling. He will keep Melody Swan safe from any danger that is coming their way.