Chapter 17

╔════ ≪ •❈• ≫ ════╗

╚════ ≪ •❈• ≫ ════╝

゚・:*✿゚・:*✿゚・:*✿゚・:*✿゚・:*✿゚・:*✿゚・:*✿

Once the small meeting you and the rest of the Tokyo students had was over, you all headed towards the meeting point, awaiting the Kyoto students and the signal for the beginning of the game. You and Itadori had stayed a little further behind, chatting with each other.

Yuji took notice of your constant fidgeting and stress. Your facial expressions didn't really help either, seeing that most of your smiles were either forced or disappeared withing seconds. You tried masking all your crippling anxiety, blabbering on about random things but Yuji was not a fool.

"And then Nobara started dragging me all the way to the mall and we-"

"(Y/N)-chan" Yuji cut you off as you snapped your head at his direction. Said boy had his hands resting behind his head, looking up at the bright blue sky, his face more relaxed than ever.

"Do you want to go to the movies once the event is over?" Yuji questioned out of the blue as you looked at him with a deadpan expression, your eyes wide open, staring at him.

"..."

"Like a date or something?" you questioned bluntly as he let out a surprised sound, his face bursting in a deep crimson, flailing his hands around in order to prevent you from seeing his red face.

"Well, uh, you know, you...you can... call it whatever...you want" he explained while stuttering as you yourself felt your ears heating up.

"Yes, of course I do... But were did that come from?" you surveyed the boy with narrowed eyes, taken aback by his sudden suggestion. It wasn't like you were negative about his idea. In fact, you were internally ascending at this point, your stomach feeling like it was about to explode from all the butterflies partying in there. You were just purely surprised and slightly worried that something might have been troubling the boy.

Yuji just turned his head and looked at you, offering you a small but charming smile, making your hands rest to your sides as you felt your shoulders relaxing a little.

"No reason actually. I just wanted to take your mind off of the event and get you to loosen up a little because you seem stressed. You were rambling a few moments ago, to be honest" the boy answered honestly, as you grimaced, cursing your own stupidity for not realizing you had already talked to him about Nobara dragging you to the mall.

Your ears and cheeks felt like they were ablaze, as you averted your eyes to the side, your mouth opening and closing like a fish, in an attempt to find a reply. A small chuckle caught your attention as you peeked at the boy from the corner of your eye, only to find him looking at you with a beaming smile.