Chapter 22

╔════ ≪ •❈• ≫ ════╗

╚════ ≪ •❈• ≫ ════╝

╚════ ≪ •❈• ≫ ════╝

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

(⚠️TW : GRAPHIC MENTIONS OF BLOOD AND GORE! A WARNING SIGN ( ⚠️⚠️⚠️) WILL BE PLACED BEFORE AND AFTER THE PARAGRAPHS THAT INCLUDE THE SCENE, SO IF YOU FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE OR DISTURBED BY THIS THEME, PLEASE SKIP THAT PART! DO NOT READ THESE PARAGRAPGHS IF IT AFFECTS YOU IN ANY WAY! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! ⚠️)
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

゚・:*✿゚・:*✿゚・:*✿゚・:*✿゚・:*✿゚・:*✿゚・:*✿

     '' What do you mean there's no other way?! You can't be serious! Tell me you're joking!'' a frustrated woman's voice echoed, the silent night being disrupted by her outburst.

    Brown, shoulder length locks hung losely, the cold autumn breeze messing the woman's hair. Her blue eyes trembled, frustration and fury evident on her distraught face as she clenched her fists, her arms glued to her sides.

     She glared at the man in front of her with a deep scowl on her face, unable to contain her anger. The buff man with the black locks remained impasive, his gaze never leaving the village that laid before them, the dim lights glimmering in the darkness.

     ''You heard the higher-ups. It's up to us whether we go down there and jump in or end this from the sidelines, nice and easy. Be realistic. You see what's going on down there?

(⚠️⚠️⚠️)

     People keep dying, ripped apart and dismembered like they're pieces of paper! You expect me to just go down there and do what?! Save them?!  Save what?! Most of them are already dead and if there's anyone left, they won't last for much longer!'' the man shouted turning towards the woman, whose eyes glistened with tears, the scowl on her face deepening.

    ''And now what?! You say to just kill them all at once?! That way we will get rid of the cursed spirits but what about all those people?! They are all waiting for us to rescue them! And you say that the only solution is for us to kill them just like that?! There are still innocent children down there, for fuck's sake!'' the woman lashed out, losing whatever composure was left as she pushed the man's chest.

     ''What if it was your own damn daughters down there, huh?! Would you still want to do that?! Answer me, Zinan!'' she kept yelling as the man raised his hands, gripping her shoulders.

     ''That's exactly why I am doing that, Koemi! Can't you see?! If these things escape this village, Tokyo is doomed for sure! There are not enough special-grade sorcerers to fight them and if they get to Tokyo, we're all screwed! You want Shoko and (Y/N) to be at danger?!'' the man retorted, silencing the woman who just stared at him in shock.