7 :: good fucking bye

| Jungkook's point of view ; the night of the meeting

After ending the call, he made his way back to uou, thinking of ways to tell you he need to go and kill a man.

Yeah, scratch that. Business issues is the way to go.

"You done?" you quietly asked as you turned around after hearing his footsteps. Your wet hair that had curled up was embracing your waist, your body shivering at the cold air that blew out of the opened windows.

"Mm," he nodded, approaching you slowly. " Wear this," he told you as he took the bathrobe that was neatly placed onto the shelves of bathroom supplies.

"I'm not co-" you protested, confused as to why he was trying to get you all covered up.

"You're shivering, angel, I don't want you getting sick because of me," a small smile crept across his face, the sudden urge to be considerate of his effect on you making him carefully select his words.

"Hey, what's wrong?" you suddenly asked, sensing his hesitation. "Who called you?" the sudden question took him by surprise as he was not familiar with questions that addressed his personal life.

After all, everything his life consisted of was work.

"Work," he shortly replied, not wanting you to get any more curious about him. "I'm sorry but I need you to leave,"

Ouch. That was all he could see on your face.

And here he was thinking of being considerate of his words.

"Oh," you breathed out, quietly wrapping the bathrobe tighter around your body. "I'll see myself out," you spoke, your words like soft whispers, leaving him feel an unusual emptiness.

As he watched you turn away from him, he thought of what he would need to do later tonight. It's for the better, that you don't stay here any longer, it's for your own good. And his too.

But he still can't let you go by yourself. It's dangerous outside at this hour.

But isn't it more dangerous for you to be around a serial killer like him?

Shaking these thoughts off, he ran to you, gently grabbing your arm. "I'll take you home."

You stayed silent at his words, letting him show the way back to the car.

[...]

Silence. That's everything that could be heard on the way to your home. The only words you'd said was the address where you lived and that's about it. It's understandable, keeping your distance from a man who ditched you just because of his work? And even the work part could be seen as a lie from your perspective.

Who is he to even judge you? You have all the rights to be like this.

Stopping the car in front of a building that matched the address you gave him, he looked over to the passenger seat, seeing you try to unbuckle the seatbelt.

"Let me help you," he leaned over, your faces only breaths away from each other.

You froze, your eyes on him making him stop what he was doing. He slowly looked up, noticing your parted lips that looked oh, so kissable.

Damn, how much he regretted having that hell of a job in that moment.

As he met your eyes, the regret he felt in the beginning grew 10 times bigger. "I'm sorry," he muttered, not inching away from you.

"What?" you whispered, being too frozen to understand what was going on.

"I'm sorry for earlier.." he trailed off, his eyes taking a quick glance at your lips. "And for this too," he breathed out before pulling you in by the side of your neck, his lips catching yours in a slow yet tempting kiss.

At first you didn't respond to the kiss, the shock caused by his sudden action confusing you even more. But shortly after, just for a few seconds, he could feel you hesitantly melt into the kiss. But oh to his misfortune, you abruptly pulled away from him, your palm wiping off your reddened lips.

"You're kidding me." you told him, disbelief written in your eyes. "First, you take me to all those places, tell me things you shouldn't be telling around," you paused, opening the car door. "Then you politely tell me to fuck off and then, this?" you laughed, for a brief moment thinking that maybe you werr imagining all of this, that maybe he wasn't real.

Maybe he wasn't. It would've been so much better if he weren't.

"This was a mistake," he breathed out, closing his eyes for a moment. Was he doing the right thing by saying this?

Damn you wait. Why is he even overthinking it? It's just a girl.

"Good fucking bye!" you smiled before stepping out of the car and then slamming the door shut.

He watched you walk back into your apartment, your bare legs probably shivering to the awful coldness of the night.

"Goodbye, angel." ye whispered before speeding off.

a/n:: short update! school has been tough (: hope y'all didn't forget this book's plot ahahah but i swear i'll finish it!! one day :')