Chapter Thirty-One: Till Death Do Us Part (Part One)

Unlocking the door, his eyes automatically caught a pair of browns gleaming back at him. His breathing hitched caught in his throat as his heart pounded heavier hearing the beat of his heart in his ears. With every inch his eyes trailed downward, his jaw parted slightly ajar. "Wow-" Spencer softly spoke a little out of breath looking at the girl that stood across from him. The same girl that always found a way to leave him speechless.

Wearing a strapless champagne dress that fell past her knees with a slit going up her left thigh. Tailored to her body, the dress fit her perfectly highlighting every curve as Spencer's eyes sparkled making his way back up to meet her eyes. He'd been mesmerized and captured by her beauty. His breath hitched again catching her magnetic smile and adoring eyes he always fell for. But in that moment they seemed to shimmer just a bit brighter than usual. Giving him the brightest of smiles she batted her eyes keeping her hands tucked behind her back.

"Wow-" Spencer spoke falling to a whisper still at a loss for words. Olivia grinned from ear to ear very well knowing that the dress she picked out would leave him speechless. Walking out of the dressing room with the same dress she had on, Simone reassured her that there was no way Spencer wouldn't keep his eyes off of her and she was right. His eyes were glued onto her not being able to form a sentence. Olivia softly laughed. "Merry Christmas to you too,". Spencer slightly shook his head flashing a smile coming back to earth.

"Merry Christmas Liv. I would say you look beautiful...but that would be an understatement,". Olivia melted at his words placing her hands on either side of his face pulling him in for a tender kiss. "Merry Christmas Spencer. My oh my did my Christmas wish come true,". Olivia softly spoke against his lips lowering her eyes to see that he'd been wearing a champagne vest, and matching fitted slacks with a white button-down underneath. Spencer softly laughed. "Your wish was to see me in a suit?" He asked. Olivia nodded as if it was a question.

"One of them. This might need to be a daily thing," Olivia pointed at his suit. Spencer tilted his head contemplating the idea. "I could see what I could do. I ain't making no promises though,". Olivia laughed. "Fair enough. But maybe you might need some persuasion to change your mind,". Olivia's fingers walked up his torso playing with the button on his vest. Spencer's eyes fell to her fingers who twisted the button in between her fingers. "Knowing you I could only imagine what this persuasion might entail,". Olivia giggled. "Lots of back rubs I could tell you that much,". Spencer smiled thinking of all the ways Olivia would turn the innocent back rub into something more. "That might be enough to convince me. Thank you for coming," Spencer sighed a relief.

Olivia smiled looking up to meet his eyes. "Of course when you called it sounded urgent,". Spencer nodded. "It is,". Olivia's smile quickly faded the second her worry turned into annoyance.

Holding up a burgundy bow tie and a matching tie, he weighed each option holding them up to his neck. "I need your help. Which one do you think should I wear?" Spencer asked a bit torn between the two. "This was your big emergency?" she asked. "And here I thought you were calling me for a Christmas morning quickie," Olivia groaned as Spencer shook his head bursting into laughter. "You down bad liv. But I'm serious. I need help deciding,". Olivia moaned. "So was I until about a minute ago,". Spencer continued to laugh walking into his room and to the hallway mirror.

"But I'm serious. Which one looks better?" he asked. Olivia raised an eyebrow. "Why? Trying to impress a girl?". Spencer smiled shaking his head. "Just one,". Spencer kept weighing out his options. Olivia walked up from behind him holding his hand with the burgundy tie. "I think we may have a winner,". A smile formed on his lips meeting her eyes in the mirror. "I think so too,". Grabbing the tie from his hands, Spencer turned towards her so that she could drape it around his neck. "So you didn't need me after all," A hint of a smile appeared on her lips,". Spencer shrugged. "It's always good to have a second opinion,". Olivia agreed looping the tie around and tightening the knot. Tucking it inside his vest she fixed his collar.