Prologue

Eons ago, a time when beasts were nothing but animals, and humans weren't separated by race and only lived to perish beneath the part of the Great Law. A time where Thessia spun on cycles of virtue and wickedness, just and corrupt, life and death...the cycle of balance and chaos.

Beyond the perpetual cycles lay the goddess of life and the god of death, that kept harmony ever since the dawn of time. She created and breathed life from nothingness, and he destroyed and took that very life back into nothingness. Thus, the two entities upheld the Great Law where love and malevolence had no role to play—At least, not yet...

The goddess watched her own children, who walked and looked like her, die and cease to exist without ever coming to know of their Mother. She, for the first time, felt a foreign emotion that shouldn't have been there...For a long-long time, she kept watching the very life that she had created from her womb dissipate and vanish beyond the ever-bleak void.

The goddess turned to and asked her only partner, her only friend, and her only brother—the only being that could speak of their tongue. 'If my children's fate is to be forever bound by the leash of destiny, why can't I be there to console and soothe their grief? So that they may call on my name and come to know of my love for them.'

The god of death and chaos said, 'They can't understand you because they can't speak the language of the gods. Our language. You will fracture the balance should you approach them without the consent from the Great Law.' 

Struck by the ever-growing loneliness that leeched off her bleeding heart, the goddess then pleaded dearly to the god. 'Then I will change the Law...And you will help me. I will give them my body, heart, and blood if that is what it takes to be free from this endless torment. I want them to see me...To understand me and to call on my name...'

Thus, with his help, they reformed and welcomed the new world that would come to be. Where the goddess's children would speak the tongue of god, and the world awoke of her grace—a world where animals had turned into ferocious beasts that evolved far and beyond their primordial forms. 

A world where humans praise and worship the goddess's name. Within them were the bodies that could feel the flow of the world, the heart to understand the cycle of gods, and blood that created wonders and miracles.

And soon, history would write the name goddess Myrna, which changed Thessia for eternity to come. Also, the first human that spoke of her name with the ancient, if not the earliest, tonguethe very tongue she uses. He would be remembered and called by the whole world as the forefather of every human race in Thessia...

The first child.

—Robellia Green of Rockfelle.