Chapter 24

'Ugh...is she doing it again, Fil?' Although my eyes were far stranded on the drifting clouds as the carriage streamlined high above the ground, my thoughts were conversing with Filtiarn. Well, it was more of me rambling with him listening on.

We were told to place our Mynimas in a separate compartment in the back to avoid any accidents when we took off. Because some just appeared menacing to others, and frankly speaking, we all knew that they meant it for Ouranos.

It didn't feel good, obviously. But since it was also a fact that he could look a bit scary to others, I gave in. Furthermore, Ouranos seemed fine with no problem spotted, so why not, I thought.

The problem, though, did not lie there. No, it was from something else—or should I say, someone else.

'Ugh, this is awkward...too Awkward!!' With a mug straight as a wooded board, I screamed loudly inside.

When Miss Ashworth got on the carriage, I got curious and wanted to ask her about this and that as the other three before I did. I didn't know she was supposed to get on our carriage and travel with us, hence the curiosity on my part.

Yet, the subtle and frequent glares from the other students made me curb the intention back to the depth of my mind. It was not in my pleasure to be that someone who could not read the damn air. Besides, I got my answers all the same when the other three asked anyway. So, no problem found on my part.

At least that was my thought. At first, I thought all was well, and I could just pass the moment out like any other day with, Well, no matter, and moved on. But what I didn't know and only realized when we dropped off the first kid was the curious gaze of the gorgeous instructor that subtly landed on us.

One might wonder, How in the hell did you know that? Well, Filtiarn fricking saw her did so, that was how. Though it was unclear whether she was looking at me or Filtiarn, who leisurely laid on my lap—I didn't know, nor did I want to know the answer.

For one thing, the more attention she gave us would only spell trouble and discomfort for us.

It didn't necessarily mean that I wanted her to ignore us altogether. All I wanted to say was that it was nice how she kept an eye on us, but I would appreciate it more if only she could lessen it just a tad bit further. 

And my fear was proven true when the students left and finally realized how her gaze sometimes wandered at us. It was as though she were waiting and calling for me to join in on the going conversations. Because of that, I found myself becoming the target of their voiceless contempt yet again. Albeit it was faintly projected only through their body language, unpleasant things were still unpleasant.

Thus, I gritted my teeth and decided to sacrifice my neck stiff. Continued to quietly observe the landscape outside the carriage's window, waiting until the silly farce was over. At the very least, either we were the last ones to get out, or all of them were.

And I was able to manage myself well and persevered until the last member of Miss Ashworth's admirer was dropped off. She was kind enough to let us hear her click her tongue when she exited the carriage. It wasn't much of a goodbye, but I'd take that anytime over a stiff neck.

Silence downed on the carriage, following the sound of the carriage's door closing off. It was those kinds of moments where you didn't want to ask but just couldn't help yourself even though you knew the answer.

'Fil, is she still looking at us?' I asked. Predictably enough, Filtiarn confirmed it true, which simply made it all the more awkward for me. If she didn't realize at that point that I was deliberately ignoring her, someone ought to frankly check Miss Ashworth's head.