Chapter 8

The warm draft had soothed nature's fragrance whilst thousands of glistening stars hung on the far-unseen head of the colossal cave as if the miniature sun were their progenitors. 

It reflected the warm and blinding lights to every nook and cranny of the hidden world beneath Thessia's feet.

A Huge river swam peacefully in the distance; high and humongous trees were the norm that spanned wide and covered most of the ground with no end in sight. Like the ground above, it wasn't lacking in anything in the slightest. It was magical, in all sense that I could think about; the land, forgotten and lost by the rest of Thessia that fits the word best—Magical.

Moments passed by as I froze, marveling at how in the world could there be such a place like Fysi.

Nafiri emerged super proud as she smirked annoyingly and nodded as though she was the grand creator of it all. I paid her no mind and let my eyes wander around to quench the curiosity about the mysterious world that lay before us.

Not too long after, a group of people that dressed weirdly approached us from a distance away. Their clothes were slim and long on the body, while the hems seemed light enough to flutter slightly behind their gait. 

As I observed each of them, I have to say Nafiri really was a cut above the rest in terms of being beautiful; and that could also mean one thing.

'Yeap,' Somewhat reassured, I nodded silently. 'She can't find someone, and it's definitely due to her personality.'

'Hang in there...' I pursed my lips downward and nodded wisely, like how Pa used to do it; Ma really hated his guts every time he did it, though...

"What?" Nafiri squinted skeptically at my antics.

"Nothing," I shrugged innocently and patted her shoulder meaningfully. "It's just...you had it rough, huh? you know, from bringing me here and the like."

"...Ya thinkin' of somethin' rude just now, aren't ya? What is it? Spit it out, ya smarty-pants." Just as we were about to unleash yet another nasty fight, Nafiri clicked her tongue in frustration and held herself back. "Argh, dammit. Next time, then. Get ready for Epainos, Barbara. With my lead."

Nafiri took a step forward and started the movement of Epainos's gestures, with me following suit.

"O' Mother of light that ruled over the undying ember. O' Mother of night that sings over the two faithful guardians. We praise in silence."

"We praise in silence." Returned the group.

"Greetings, esteemed elder. Nafiri Aeraki, daughter of Roland Aeraki, has finished her mission. The full detail as to what entails will be presented upon the table." Nafiri said—to my surprise—in full elegance and refined wordings, much foreign and dissimilar from what she had shown us thus far. 

And her posture was what I believed to be some sort of Fysi's way to salute someone. It was way different from how Druid soldiers in cities used to do, but the vibe was more or less the same.

A light-blonde-haired old man stepped forward as Nafiri spoke. Time has left a visible trace upon his face, yet vitality could be felt pouring out unbound from his physique. His deep blue eyes were serene and profound at the same time, as though they would just devour you whole.

He nodded and shot a glance at Filtiarn and then me.

"Good. Prepare yourself before the high council Nafiri Aeraki, daughter of Roland Aeraki." When he was finished with Nafiri, the tall man stepped aside and arrived before me. It was done in an instant and took me by surprise.