Chapter 21

Fruorio, also known as The Magic Fortress, was a class meant to serve as entertainment as well as a means to hone the students to the best of their capabilities. To be honest, I thought that it was such a novel idea to use games or sports as something to train the students. I wasn't sure how it would work, but at the very least, the student's passion seemed second to none—and that already spoke for itself, I suppose.

A team consisting of forty people will then face off against the other, with a time limit of one and half a click. The game could be won by having the highest point, and to achieve it, they could either take captive the opposite team's members, or they could also win by bringing and placing the artifact Asteri back on their base—of course, without getting caught in the middle of it.

To catch the other team members is by simply touching them but with a certain condition regarding the artifact called Roi, which must be worn by each player. The captured player thus would have their movements restricted by the artifact and go to the enemy's base as a prisoner. The way to save them was either when the game was over or by having an ally sneaking into the enemy's base to touch and free them.

"So, let me get this straight." An arm in the air, I asked. "I must touch our base to fill this flask— Roi—so I can touch and catch the enemy. But the more time I spend away from the base, the more it will dwindle slowly till it becomes empty. And if the enemy's Roi is fuller than mine, then I'm screwed if they catch, is that right? Because I will be the one that got captured instead..."

Seeing the flask, the towering base, and the floating image of Asteri high in the sky. I finally knew why Rebecca and Anya just told me that I would figure it out later. Because seeing and hearing it personally was way better than just hearing from the description—It was faster for me to understand too.

"That means I will have to go back frequently to touch the base if I want to catch someone. The fuller your Roi is, the more powerful you are..." Murmuring and lost in thought was I. 'So basically we just have to run back and forth to catch people off...but is it going to be just that?'

"Yes. Unless you want to bait them, and that is one way. The common strategy is to have someone from the same team fill your Roi at their own expense because it will take too long if everybody is to go back once theirs are empty. That's why the chain of command must be structured orderly and clear with the role management." Lia cheerfully added. "And-and also, don't forget about searching the seeker, Barbara. They are the only member of the team allowed to use a mount. Though I must remind you to be extra careful as a side note. If you can get to the Asteri, your position will be known to everyone; allies and foes alike. Just be really-really careful if you found it, okay?"

Lia shuddered visibly at her own words.

"I will...?" And then I realized something shortly after. "Well, no matter. Asteri seeker will be appointed by the team's leader anyway, right? That means I have slim to no chance of being the seeker."

"Why do you say that?" Asked the girl, confused.

"You know...this...?" I showed off the empty right sleeve. "And also, not a lot of them are fond of me, remember? Something special like the seeker would be left to someone they relied on and trusted, I believe."

It stung inside, but I decided to laugh the facts off, albeit the laughter itself was visibly dry.

"Well, I wouldn't be so sure of that." Anya's sudden voice yanked our attention. "The captain is calling for us to gather, and you girls need to take your minds off the clouds, else someone will get really pissed."