Chapter Twenty Three: I Miss Her

-
Alex's POV
-

I watch Arya leave, my cheek stinging. I knew I messed up bad, but I didn't mean to.

The girl really did look like Arya, and that's what she kept claiming. She said she was Arya, then I kissed her. I pulled away because those were not Arya's lips. Tristan is my sober witness.

"Man, I'm so sorry I didn't realize she was in here. I'm sorry..." Tristan says, his eyes on the door where Arya had ran out of.

"I hurt her." I whisper. I had hurt her. I hated myself for it. I could see the pain on her face before she ran.

"Hey, next time you see her, tell her what really happened. I'm sure she'll understand." Tristan says.

"I don't want to see her again, what if I hurt her more?" I turn to look at him.

Tristan sighs. "Do whatever you think is best for both yourself and her."

***

It's been so long since I had seen little Arya. I saw her once, walking with her friends. A fake smile on her face and her face pale and she looked almost sick.

I hated myself more. Did I do that to her?

I would beat myself up over it. I had even done what I promised I'd never do again. I slit my wrists. Tiny cuts that stung enough to get my mind off Arya.

Tristan was able to stop it before it got worse, and I didn't cut anymore. I knew it hurt him to see me in pain, so I start putting on fake smiles that Tristan only sometimes bought.

My mind was always set on her. And my hatred of myself for hurting her. But I wanted her in my arms again.

I wanted to hold her when she cried over movies. I wanted to rub her tummy when it was her time of the month. I wanted to carry her sleeping form back to her own dorm when she said she had to be somewhere in the morning. I wanted to laugh at her face when I gave her chocolate or candy.

I missed all the moments I had with her. From bad to good.

If I could go back in time, I'd take back that night. That terrible mistake of a night.

I sigh and sit in bed, thinking about what Arya would be doing right now on a nice day like today.