Chapter Twenty Nine: I Can't Dance

-
No. Not an Alex chapter. I'm just too lazy to find Spanish words.

ARYAS POV!
-

"5, 6, 7, 8." The loud voice from my teacher sounds and we all start to dance. Our feet hitting the ground in unison as we move together.

I let the moves flow, looking in the mirror. I was in the front row, considering I was the smallest one here. Izzy was in the row behind me. I glance at her as she dances. We had different styles, but I did like hers.

I spin and fall, being caught by one of the boys behind me, it was part of the dance. I hated it though, I had to put so much trust in him. He scoops me up and I keep myself limp.

He spins and suddenly something doesn't feel right. Not at all. I open my eyes and watch in the mirror as he trips over himself. I don't have time to react as I'm dropped and then fallen on top of.

I scream out in pain as something cracks, leaving me in pain. The music is stopped and suddenly people are crowding me. My partner has gotten off me but my chest and my head... That's all I can focus on. And it hurts.

I absently start crying, it hurt so much I don't even try to move. The dance teacher comes over and tells everyone class is over.

"Arya?" She asks softly. "I need you to roll over for me, can you do that?"

"No." I whimper.

"Where does it hurt?" She asks.

"My chest." I groan in pain, breathing hurt. It hurt bad. It hurt worse than what I assumed was only a bump on the head.

Though I wasn't feeling the greatest anymore and soon I black out.

***

When I wake up I keep my eyes closed, though I can smell it. I open my eyes, only to see I'm in a white room. I'm in the hospital.

Familiar voices are talking outside the room and the pain in my chest hadn't gone away. I give the room a quick look around. There was no IV, I wasn't hooked up to anything - hallelujah.

Someone walks in, a nurse and when she notices I'm awake she gives a little smile. I tilt my head questioningly in return.

"Arya? You broke your two of your ribs." The nurse explains. I can feel my eyes widen.

"What about dancing!?" I exclaim.

"You can't. Not until they're fully healed." The nurse says softly.

"But my class! We're going into a competition! I have to dance with them!" I half yell.

The nurse sighs and outside the room has gone eerie quiet. I watch as Alex and the girls walk in, followed by my dance teacher. I hold my arms out to Alex and he comes over gives me the most gentle hug I've ever had. Then he kisses me on the forehead before pulling away.

Izzy looks grave as she asks, "how are you feeling?"

"Fine besides my chest." I frown. "It kinda hurts to breathe, and it really hurts to move, but I can live through that. I want to dance."

"That's what I want to talk to you about," my teacher says hesitantly.

"What is it Dani?" I ask, she let us call her by her first name which I liked.

"You won't be able to dance until you've fully healed. Meaning you can't come to the competition... This is a hard blow to everyone. And I'm so sorry about Ryan. He feels terrible, and he brought you those." Dani waves to a bouquet of flowers and a teddy bear on the little beside table.