Prologue

The sound of the mixer being turned on and the chewing of toast and bacon ran throughout the two-storeyed house, that Saturday morning

The sound of the mixer being turned on and the chewing of toast and bacon ran throughout the two-storeyed house, that Saturday morning. The sun had barely risen, but Illeana Kasatkina was up and awake, ready to get to the campsite where the World Cup was going to be held.

Judging by her youthful appearance, one could have easily assumed she was going as a spectator but in reality, she was one of the members on the Irish National Team.

She was altogether not very surprised when she was approached to join the team last year.

Granted, she was only 15 at the time but apart from being a talented chaser(if she would say so herself) she was Quidditch Royalty.

Her mother, Alina Porskoff was a generational quidditch player, one sports commentators and fans both believed would have carried her country to unbelievable heights.

But if love could prevent the Stranger, grief would perish. At the end for all the people who awaited Alina's success and wished for it, who loved her wholeheartedly and selflessly, it still couldn't prevent destiny. The wheels had been set in stone far beyond the understanding of mere mortals.

Now here remained Illeana. The reflection of her mother. Her mirror. A wretched reminder of everything Alina could have been.

Illeana had the opportunity to win for her departed mother. She wasn't going to say no.

It didn't matter that her mother no longer lived. Illeana was still a daughter. It didn't matter that she had died before Illeana ever really got to know her. Illeana carried Alina's rage and disappointments and unhappiness within her burning blood.

The umbilical cord was never cut.

So she joined the team, granted only as a reserve. Her choice of postion was of a chaser.

The Entire World Cup she got the occasional chance to play and score, even.

Everyone was extremely impressed with her, not only was she extremely young  but she was extremely inexperienced. Despite this, whenever she got the chance, she took it and she shone. Even for the smallest of seconds, she felt alive.

Then in an unexpected turn of events, in Ireland's match against Peru, their chaser Adriana Moran ended up crashing and falling down from her broom, leading to a fractured leg.

Therefore for today's match, Illeana Kasatkina was going to fill in as a Chaser.

And if anything was evident from her face, she was bloody excited for it.