Now, It Begins

" SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS " roared Quigley as Aidan, downed shots of firewhiskey, one after the other

Illeana still had absolutely no idea how he was doing that without passing out, but she guessed practice made perfect.

She was eating a delicious chocolate cake and drinking butterbeer.

Unlike most of the people in the room she wasn't partying or even looked to be in the mood.

Sleep was a bit more important right now.

It wasn't like she hated partying and good food, trust me she liked nothing more than hiding her problems and alcohol was perfect to do that.

But today had been a tiring day and Illeana missed the warmth of her bed.

Her social battery had officially run out.

She saw Aidan chugging down another bottle of firewhiskey.

There was absolutely no way she was going to let him apparate her back home, unless she wanted a splinched arm or two.

He was definitely going to be chewed out by her Aunt and she wasn't exactly going to stop her.

She looked over at Adriana who looked considerably more calm.

As Illeana walked towards her, to ask her whether she could apparate her back home, she heard loud noises outside the huge tent.

At first one could've mistook them for cheers, but there was something urgent about them. An undercurrent she couldn't quite explain.

She noticed there were some more people in the tent, who had heard the noises too and were extremely perplexed, judging by their expressions.

She ran over to the huge speaker and lowered the volume.

What were initially groans by the drunk inhabitants of the tent were quickly followed by gasps of horror as the door to the tent was opened and everyone could see the mayhem ensuing outside.

In that moment, it all turned to chaos as everyone started running

Not in any particular direction with a specific aim, just anywhere they wouldn't hear the screams. Anywhere they would be safe.

And Illeana was no different.

Adriana and Barry took her hand and ran, shielding her from the crowd and trying their best to get away from the panic and chaos and into the forests where they could apparate without any confusion.

But amidst all the yelling and screaming, they got broken off.

And before Illeana knew what was happening she was alone and running into the forest.

She whipped her head around to see if there was anyone around.

She quickly took out her wand and stumbled out before hiding behind a bush.

It was then that she heard a loud noise at a distance from me. But it wasn't just one voice, it sounded like two.

Now any other normal human being, would have ignored it and remained in place.

But she had always been way too curious for her own good.

So with all her self preservation flying out of the window, she ducked down low and started heading towards the noise.

After a minute of almost crawling, Illeana came across, who she presumed to be a follower of You-Know Who (or as Illeana called him in her mind; Voldy Moldy) dueling with a boy who looked about her age.

Now she doesn't usually sacrifice herself for the greater good, that's more of a Gryffindor thing.

But the boy looked about her age and by the way he was gripping his wand, was ridiculously under equipped to take on a Death Eater.

So she figured thinking about someone else this one time wouldn't't kill her.

"Stupefy! " She yelled taking both the boy and the (assumed) Death Eater by surprise.

The man in the black cloak, dropped down on the floor as Illeana gripped the boy's arm and ran.

As good of a witch she was for her age, she was probably completely shite compared to a full grown adult.

As she and the boy finally ducked behind the bush which she had been hiding behind a few minutes earlier, she got a good proper look at him.

She was shocked as she recognised him and by his expression vice versa.

"You're Illeana Kasatkina! "

"You're Cedric Diggory! And please kindly shut up for God's sake, if that guy catches us again we are as good as dead. I haven't even seen PJ Harvey in concert yet, I NEED to live. " she whisper yelled in his ears.

She looked around to see whether anyone was approaching them, aware that Cedric's eyes were blazing into the back of her head.

But she couldn't care less about that.

And then it happened. The Dark Mark rose up in the air from a distance. She watched keenly and in that moment, they both knew, something had shifted in the air.

Little did they both know, that night was going to be the start of a completely different life for both of them.

Together and apart.