Harry Potter?

When Illeana entered the candlelit Great Hall the following night accompanied by Roger and Grace, it was almost full.

The Goblet of Fire had been moved;
it was now standing in front of Dumbledore's empty chair at the teachers' table.

The Weasley Twins- clean shaven again - seemed to have taken their disappointment fairly well.

"Im sorry Illeana, but I'm hoping it's Elizabeth" said Anthony, as Roger, Grace and Illeana sat down.

"Hey!" Illeana retorted

"Come on! It would be so cool for the champion to be from Ravenclaw!"

"Yeah, so do I! Maybe that will finally get the other houses to stop stereotyping us as nerds! "said Grace excitedly

"Well, whoever it is, we'll soon know!" Roger interrupted to get them to to eat their food.

The Halloween feast seemed to take much longer than usual.

Perhaps because it was their second feast in two days, Illeana didn't seem to fancy the extravagantly prepared food as much as she would normally have done.

Or maybe because she was nervous about who was going to be the champion. She was rooting for Cedric but having a Ravenclaw champion would be admittedly incredibly cool.

By now, like everyone else in the Hall, judging by the constantly craning necks, the impatient expressions on every face, the fidgeting and the standing up to see whether Dumbledore had finished eating yet, Illeana simply wanted the plates to clear, and to hear who had been selected as champions.

At long last, the golden plates returned to their original spotless state;there was a sharp upswing in the level of noise within the Hall, which died away almost instantly as Dumbledore got to his feet.

On either side of him, Professor Karkaroff and Madame Maxime looked as tense and expectant as anyone.

Ludo Bagman was beaming and winking at various students.

Mr Crouch, however, looked quite uninterested, almost bored.

No surprises there, Illeana thought.

"Well, the Goblet is almost ready to make its decision,"said Dumbledore.

"I estimate that it requires one more minute. Now, when the champions' names are called, I would ask them please to come up to the top of the Hall, walk along the staff table, and go through into the next chamber"- he indicated the door behind the staff table - "where they will be receiving their first instructions."

He took out his wand and gave a great sweeping wave with it; at once, all the candles except those inside the carved pumpkins were extinguished, plunging them all into a state of semi-darkness.

"Now, this is dramatic " Grace whispered in Illeana's ears which made her snicker.

The Goblet of Fire now shone more brightly than anything in the whole Hall, the sparkling bright, bluey-whiteness of the flames almost painful on the eyes.

Everyone watched, waiting ... a few people kept checking their watches ...

"Any second now" Anthony whispered