Illeana's Past

Illeana woke up the next morning to a note next to her written by Grace that said she had already gone down for breakfast.

Illena quickly got ready and went down.

"Hello lovely people! " She greeted her friends who were all seated at their usual spot in the Hall.

"Hey"

"Hi"

"Hmm'

"Yello"

were the responses she got back. She sat down and started eating some porridge.

She couldn't eat dinner the night before and so was incredibly hungry.

As she devoured her food, Jelena looked at her and asked

"Hey, did you by any chance read the newspaper yet? "

"No, not yet. Why? "

"Well, first of all, your beautiful profile is out. "

"IS IT? OMG SHOW ME! "

She grabbed a newspaper from Grace and turned the page over to the sports section. Sure enough, there were her pictures and a player analysis. She got 9/10 rating and lots of compliments. Her skills on the broom were described as 'magnificent ' and her speed as 'otherworldly'.

She beamed as she read the analysis.

"Also, have you talked to Harry yet? " Roger asked

"No, not yet. Why? Did something happen? " She asked worried what had happened now

Roger didn't reply. He merely turned over the page to the cover. A large picture of a bewildered Harry looked back at her. The other champions weren't even in the picture.

"And that's not all" Roger said as he turned the paper over to the sixth and seventh page.

Here lied the actual article. It was filled with Harry, to say the least.

The names of the Beauxbatons and Durmstrang champions had been squashed into the last line of the article and was misspelled on top of it, while Cedric hadn't been mentioned at all. It was as if Harry was the only Hogwarts champion.

Immediately as she read the article she knew Harry was going to be even more hated for this.

While she loved the wizarding world, half of the people here didn't have the common sense to see that Rita Skeeter more than often made up articles for fame and controversy. Journalistic integrity wasn't exactly a priority for her.

People would assume Harry said all of this himself and made himself the centre of attention when in reality the boy was trying to stray away from the limelight.

"Damn, you gotta feel for the boy. The child just wants to live without the constant attention but it seems like controversy just wants to follow him. " Grace remarked sympathetically.

"Illeana, you know he's going to get bullied for this right honey? " Anthony asked, saddened for his friend.

He didn't know Harry very well but knew Illeana. He knew his friend had a soft spot in her heart for the 14 year old.