Winner, Winner!

As Illeana completed the lap of honour with her team she still couldn't comprehend the fact that they had actually won.

I mean they ACTUALLY won!

It was a beautiful sight, as the Irish National Anthem roared in the stadium.

Irish Flags were waving all over.

The Irish Minister of Magic was overjoyed beyond words and was almost dancing in the Minister's box.

After the lap of honour,she was ready to go home and eat pizza with her family, maybe catch up on Twin Peaks.

But turns out the plan wasnt exactly like that.

The stadium filled with light as the top box was illuminated. She could see the beautiful Quidditch World Cup glistening in the dark.

All the players made their way to near the Top Box.

Illeana quickly fixed her hair, asking Mullet whether it looked decent.

That wasn't exactly productive as Mullet looked like she was in a daze.

Illeana looked back to see Aidan make his way towards the group and onto the front.

Except he was being supported by Connolly and Moran who still had a plaster around her leg.

The whole sight was amusing really.

Not to Connolly of course.

My attention diverted over to the ceremony as they started introducing the Bulgarian Team,to give them the runner up gifts.

Which Illeana was sure were quite lame, compared to the Cup .

And then they called them on.

One by one.

"AND HERE ARE THE WINNERS,THE IRISH TEAM!WE HAVE FIRST AND FOREMOST,THE CAPTAIN,AIDAN LYNCH!" Bellowed Bagman

"WE HAVE THE BEATERS, CONNOLLY AND QUIGLEY!

KEEPER,BARRY RYAN

THE CHASERS- TROY, MORAN AND MULLET!"

She gulped as she knew she was going to get introduced next.

"Since Moran got injured in the semis, Illeana Kasatkina,the reserve,played instead of her. She is the youngest Quidditch Player to play in the World Cup and the youngest in this tournament too. Please put your hands together for this 16 year old prodigy , ILLEANA  KASATKINA!"

The yells overwhelmed her as she made her way to the podium.

The team embraced her as Troy and Lynch lifted the trophy.

The crowd thundered in approval.

Tears threatened to spill out of her eyes.

They were there for a long time,until they were told to go and do another lap of honor.

It was the most amusing thing in the world to see Aidan clutching Connolly's waist and waving to the crowd in his own bemused way.

In that moment,everything felt infinite.

************************************

After the match,they went back to their prep room to change. 

She was contemplating going home , but she knew the team would want her to celebrate with them at the party that had been organised beforehand incase they won.

She figured she could get a ride home with Aidan.

But before all this she needed to meet Gammy, Grandpa and Aunt Evgenia .

She ran towards the guest box and sure enough they were sitting there awaiting anxiously for her, with huge smiles on their faces.

As soon as they spotted her, there was no need for words, no need to speak

Their hugs and sniffles said enough.

She knew they were proud of her

Aunt Evgenia kissed on her head and whispered in her ears, "Alina and Andrey would have been so proud my love"

She couldn't hold back the tears.

After a lot of persuasion and eventually, some help from Aunt Evgenia she managed to get permission to stay for the party.

She promised them that Lynch would drop her home safely. And Lynch to his credit, when faced with three of the scariest wizards he had ever met, straightened his spine and assured Illeana's safety.

They were eventually convinced and apparated back to their home in Dublin, whereas Aunt Evgenia went to the Ministry concerning some work.

As soon as they left, she looked back at Lynch and smiled widely as he smirked at her and said -

"Now, let's get this bloody party started "