Dig In!

Prefects, during the journey to and from Hogwarts had to patrol the carriages

This was to make sure the first years were settling in well, keeping everything in order and the mischief at a low.

Their prefect badges and them being the lone students wearing uniforms made them stand out. They also had their own carriage, which unlike the entire train, had sofas and armchairs around the carriage.

Anthony and Illeana, left their friends to go to the prefects carriage for the first prefects meeting of the year.

As she arrived, she saw someone she recognized in the corner. She excused herself from Anthony and went to meet him.

"Hello stranger"

"Illeana?! You didn't tell me you're the prefect too!" Cedric laughed in a combination of disbelief and amusement as he got up and hugged her, a bit awakwardly albeit.

"What can I say, I'm a jack of all trades. "

"So, Quidditch Captain and Prefect, Member of the Irish Quidditch Team and judging by the colour of your tie, likely the top student in your year. Any other talents you want to tell me about?" Cedric asked, slightly in disbelief.

"First off, not all Ravenclaws like studying- only about 80 percent of us. My best friend is living proof of the exception. Secondly if you want to find out about my other talents you'll just have to stick around and find them out yourself " Illeana shrugged teasingly.

Cedric admitted she had a point and started looking around in his bag. He removed a chocolate frog.

As they devoured the frog, sharing it  they looked up at the card and were shocked as they saw who was on it.

"Merlin! That's me!" Illeana yelped, taken aback by her face which was now on the card that she herself used to collect a few years back.

"So,we need to add 'featured on a chocolate frog card' to the list now" Cedric jibed.

They laughed but Illeana was still a little peeved.

They were going to go back to their conversation when the voice of Marcus Turner and Penny Haywood who were the Head Prefects distracted them.

                     __________________

Many of the first years that Illeana had seen on the train and helped find seats, were now sitting proudly on the Ravenclaw Table. Their robes now adorned with a blue and gold colour, with the Ravenclaw symbol distinct in their clothes.