True Blue

"First years with me, please! " Illeana said as she pointed to herself and Anthony

"First years with me, please! " Illeana said as she pointed to herself and Anthony. The other fifth year prefects did the same, with the first years of their houses.

The first years of Ravenclaw shuffled and walked upto the prefects, some first years from other houses were even waving to Illeana, recognising her from the Train Journey.

"Hello Everyone! "she began once she had made sure that all the first years were present, " My name is Illeana Kasatkina and this is Anthony Goldstein. We are the fifth year prefects. We are now going to take you to the Common Room and then to your dormitories. This is where you all will sleep, socialize and complete your homework if you want to.

There is also a notice board by the entrance that is constantly updated. It has all sorts of information written on it. I encourage you all to read it everyday, in order to check whether there is any new announcement that day."

Anthony beckoned them to get onto the staircase quickly before it moved again. Both of them could see the first years were all too awestruck by the portraits, the moving staircases and the gigantic history of the school to even speak.

They reached the door.

This was the fun part-Illeana thought.

Anthony gestured towards a Bronze Shaped Eagle Knocker and spoke.

"Now, unlike most houses we don't have a password to get in. Instead this knocker right here will ask you a riddle. If you can answer the riddle, you get entry. If you don't, don't be disheartened. Just wait for someone else to come in. But know this, there are no wrong answers. I know a lot of you are feeling pressure right now, pressure to be clever, to be smarter than the others because you're in Ravenclaw. But trust me on this, one does not get into Ravenclaw based on intelligence alone. " Anthony comforted the first years as some of them looked a little intimidated at the initial idea of answering a riddle everytime before entering.

This time, Illeana also stepped up.

"Never ever be afraid to ask questions. Remember, curiosity and questions will get you further than intelligence and answers ever will. There is no shame in admitting you don't know something, there is shame in not doing anything about the fact. " She continued, seeing some of their faces lift up.

Just then a first year said,
"My name is Lynx Sheridan. Ive always wondered why our house name is Ravenclaw but our house animal is an eagle? "

Illeana and Anthony chuckled. They remembered that they both had the same question back in out first year.

"That is an excellent question. The Ravenclaw house is only named after its founder, Rowena Ravenclaw and not after the bird. A Raven on its name does not automatically mean it should be its symbol for the same reason Gryffindor's symbol is not a Griffin but a Lion. The mascot is always an animal that represents the qualities of the house. "