~ 34 ~

Tw: dehydration, fainting

Iris pov

Tw start

~ time skip to a week later ~

My eyes fluttered open, and I stood up maybe a little too quickly. My vision turned dark as soon as I stepped on the ground and I immediately felt lightheaded. After a few moments I staggered forward, but my legs felt like they were gonna give out. I reached forward for the nearest object as I tried to catch myself, but I still fell to the floor, the object I had grabbed turning out to be a plate. The plate shattered on my back when it fell, and I cried out in pain. I was about to stand again but before I could sit up, the door swung open.

"Iris, are you okay?" Tubbo exclaimed. He saw the broken plate and rushed over to my side. "How did this happen?"

Instead of answering, I tried to stand, but my vision went dark again.

Tubbo pov

Ranboo ran up to my room, a panicked look in his eyes. "Tubbo, I heard a thud from Iris' room, I think she fell," he told me quickly. I was about to ask why he didn't help her, but realized she probably would've pushed him away.

I pushed past Ranboo and ran down the stairs, swinging open Iris' door. Iris was keeled over on the ground, bits of a shattered plate decorating the floor around her. I rushed over as she tried to sit up, fear pulsing through me.

"Iris, are you okay?" I asked. She tried to stand up but fell, her legs giving out. Ranboo, who had entered the room behind me, kneeled down beside her, ignoring the ceramic shards that dug into his knees.

"Iris please wake up," he pleaded in a whisper, clearly scared. Ranboo gently positioned the unconscious girl so that her back was resting against him, wrapping his arms around her so she wouldn't move.

Our mother rushed into the room, presumably having heard my scared yell when I entered the room.

"What happened?" she demanded, giving Ranboo a mistrustful look.

"Iris fainted," I explained.

Mum checked Iris' pulse before looking at the bedside table, noticing the untouched glass of water.

"Has she been drinking water?"

I thought about it for a moment, then remembered how Iris had never even touched any of the glasses that I brought her. I shook my head in response.

"She's dehydrated," Mum informed me.

Tw end

~ time skip ~

Ranboo pov

Tubbo had helped me move Iris onto her bed and left to get a fresh glass of water for when she woke up, while I stayed with Iris. Her head rested on my lap while I gently brushed out her knotted hair.

It had been only two minutes  since she fainted, but it felt like forever. Worry filled me to the brim, spilling out in the form of tears. I continuously prayed that she would wake up, and when she did I would apologize to her.

I'm so selfish, I realized; I had caused her to lock herself in her room, all because I wanted to get over my crush. She might not wake up because of me.

As if she could hear my thoughts, Iris' eyes slowly fluttered open. Her eyes looked cloudy, but when they focused on my tear-stained face, she immediately tried to sit up. I gently restrained her.

"You should stay lying down until Tubbo comes back," I mumbled. A small smile spread across my face, glad she was awake.

Tubbo came back into the room, grinning when he noticed that Iris had woken up. He handed the glass of water to me, trusting that I would get Iris to drink it.