Unexpected Flashing

Three hours had passed, and I still haven't decided on an outfit

Three hours had passed, and I still haven't decided on an outfit. Hailey would be arriving in thirty minutes, and I had changed my outfit about sixty times. The past week had gone by way too fast; our next filming location was in the Bahamas, which went sun, beach, and cute summer outfits all day.

I stood with my hands on my hips in front of my closet, critically looking over all my clothes again. Milo had scheduled us for our first public outing as a couple. For some reason, I couldn't decide on anything and shouldn't be this hard since I was only impressing myself.

Finally, I wore a sheer black top that was basically backless, with thin crisscrossing straps. The neckline was cut straight across my collarbone, so it was far from a low cut. I matched it with pale blue denim jeans, artfully torn in the legs.

The only eye make-up was detailed winged eyeliner since Milo planned on us to go Kayaking after our lunch session. I threw my hair in a braided crown, leaving the remaining curled on the edges. Just in time, Haily came storming in with her time ticking like the world would end if I was five seconds late.

 Just in time, Haily came storming in with her time ticking like the world would end if I was five seconds late

My jaw dropped when I walked into the V.I.P corner of the restaurant, catching a glimpse of groomed Ambrose holding a single red rose. I wandered my way through the tables covered in crisp, white linens. The sunshine streaming through the massive skylight overhead caught in the chaotic curls of his hair.

There was a sea of photographers when I entered, and through the windows, I still got hit with the flashing lights. To joke along with the paparazzi, I used my personal polaroid to snapshots of them.

"Are you auditioning for the next season of The Bachelor or something?" My lips curved into a smile.

He chuckled, holding the flower out to me. "Just take the flower before I get embarrassed."

"I don't know... I like seeing you get embarrassed." I studied him for a beat, then plucked it from his hand. "It's quite unusual to see you wearing a suit."

Striding past him, I settled the camera down on the table. His hand brushed against mine as he reached to slide the chair out for me.

I rolled my eyes at him. "I can get my own chair."