Dark Times With D

I rolled my head around, trying to ease my tense muscles after suffering through another round of auditions

I rolled my head around, trying to ease my tense muscles after suffering through another round of auditions. Even with the revelation of Ambrose's father's passing, the media hadn't stopped attacking him for his mistake. The backlash is piggybacking on me and I knew that's why Milo has been struggling to get me a role that mattered.

Today I audition for two supporting roles, three in assembly, and one lead role only to receive the same old 'we will call you once our decisions are made'. In all honesty, every other part lacked what Isabel's character had in her twelve-episode ordered season. According to the inner circles, Ryler had been cast for Isabel and had already begun filming episodes.

Maybe it was for the best...

I'm growing to love the idea of owning a restaurant with Ambrose.

Before leaving the casting waiting room, I skimmed through their variety of foods to take into the car with me. Donut? Yes. Crepes? Yes. Pancakes with a glob of whipped cream? Fuck yes. My plate was inches away from hitting the ground because of all the weight I stocked up. Even so, that didn't stop me from squirting whipped cream until the can was empty.

"Long time no see...D."

Shivers ran down my spine, causing me to lose focus and all mobility. My platter slipped from my fingertips, landing face down on the floor, taking a bit of my dignity. This can't be happening. My body grew rigid, hoping, praying the person in front of me isn't who I think it is. The blonde man kneeled, using his handful of napkins to whip away the whipped cream.

His gelled hair reminded me of all those times I combed my fingers through them. His muscles practically stretched out his button-up sweatshirt, and when he peeked up at me. I saw grey. Those greyish irises were so easy to get manipulated by, especially when you're a teenage girl.

"D? Do I scare you that badly?" Colton asked smugly.

Fuming with anger, I snagged a freshly open can and sprayed whipped cream all over his head. He was lucky it's only cream. I wanted to rearrange his balls so far that they would detach from his body, only leaving pain in its wake. The room might've been filled with actors, but that wasn't stopping me from exposing this imbecile.

"Shut up." I gritted through my teeth.

Colton tightly snatched my wrist, pushing his fingers into my skin, leaving his disgust mark like a permanent reminder. "D, why don't you be a doll and let go of the can?" He shifted closer, ducking down to my ear. "Before I make you regret doing this to me."

I scoffed. "What are you going to do? Hurt me? News flash that's all you have done during our relationship. So why don't you get the memo and fuc-."

One of his hands clutched the back of my head while the other muffled my words. "Don't fucking test me, D. I'm not in the mood for your shitty attitude today." His irises darkened as he slowly removed his hands.