We're Seamless

Memory

Memory.

A recollection of the past. Individuals experienced an event clogging it on their inner wheels to revisit at a later point. My sister's accident was a memory that wouldn't vanish from my senses in any lifetime. I feared even if I suffered from amnesia, I would somehow always replay that night like an endless merry-go-round.

Today was another major deal for me.

Losing the part of Isabel was a blessing and a curse. One downside was Ryler being promoted everywhere, and I meant everywhere. Commercials. Water Bottles. Billboard. Times Square. It's a constant reminder about how I lost it to a girl who couldn't act for shit. Milo also wasn't being friendly by throwing it in my face about how Ambrose was the reason for me being let go.

But I wasn't breaking up with Ambrose over a freaking role. I'd hold my head high, shoulders straight, and master another audition that wouldn't think twice about declining me. That would show those idiotic bastards who's boss.

However, that wasn't my first step to badassery.

No. Today, I was meeting with my sister. I figured since I wasn't getting cast for a role anytime soon, I might as well resolve the relationship with Kasey since I was sticking around New York. My boyfriend lived here. My sister lived here. It's only logical for me to follow suit and be closer to the individuals I cared about.

Barks of wood stretched across the brown-bricked building like a protective shield from the sun. Different colored sheets sprawled over each of the windows. I had a sisterly feeling that the purple drapes were hers. There were two brown pillars, reaching up to my waist, which was the main foundation for the staircase.

Ambrose and I walked hand in hand to her apartment, my nerves devouring my body like an eating bacteria. My younger sister was only a few meters away from me, and today, I would leave knowing the truth of where our relationship stood.

He gave my hand a reassuring squeeze. "Everything will be fine."

"Mmm," I hummed in agreement.

The knocker on her door was bedazzled with rhinestones and a Rapunzel sticker. Kasey must've always hoped her shining armor would climb up her hair, or in these circumstances, these staircases because it was her teenage dream. With a trembling hand, I banged the knocker against the door and waited for my sister.

Ambrose's touch was the only comforting thing right now.

With a blink of an eye, the door opened.

"Davina!" My sister flashed the brightest smile in the century. "Oh my gosh, and you brought your boyfriend? I look like a mess right now, but that's my life with a baby."

She wasn't kidding. Kasey looked like she's been barfed, thrown in a mud puddle, and rolled in a balloon pit. However, despite that, she was Kasey, the beautiful, graceful Kasey in full glory. Her eye bags were humongous, but her twinkling blue-grey irises stoled anyone's attention. I might've been famous, but if the world knew about my sister, I would be eaten by the sharks for keeping this cutie a secret.