I've Lost My Mind

My blood boiled as Avatar JohanSucksChocolateSticks killed me for fiftieth times this past hour! It wasn't even my fault that I kept dying

My blood boiled as Avatar JohanSucksChocolateSticks killed me for fiftieth times this past hour! It wasn't even my fault that I kept dying. My controller joystick was barely functioning, and he took advantage of it.

"Ha, I told you I was better than you," JohanSucksChocolateSticks said, coming through my headphones.

My eyes rolled back to another dimension. "Whatever. Wait until I get a new controller," I mumbled angrily.

"I'm still going to slay your sorry ass," he taunted, followed by a burst of wicked laughter.

Our avatars were in an intense battle. Besides my shitty controller, I had the best chance to win with my ultimate weapon; an enchanted sword. My opponent had the world's worst knife that barely did ten percent damage. Fury got the best of me and I was slamming my joystick a million miles per hour. However, a vibration coming from my iPhone caught my attention. 

From - The Light of My World

Are we still meeting up at my dad's restaurant today? :)

Warmth filled my chest when I saw her contact picture on my phone. It was a photo of Lana and me on one of our many dates; her smile radiated so brightly from seeing the deer dashing past us in the background. I slipped my heart into Lana's pocket years ago and there it would stay, safe and sound.

Then I remembered that she was married to the biggest asshole I ever met.

Why do nice guys never win?

To- The Light Of My World

Of course. I'm running a bit late but I'll be there.

"Sorry, Johan, but I gotta go see my girl," I stated, surrendering myself to another death.

"Stop lying, bro! You're just scared because I'm winning," Johan taunted.

My smile curled downwards into a frown. "Whatever makes you sleep at night. See you tomorrow."

Before hearing more nonsense from this stranger, I disconnected from my game and dropped my controller on my bed. Quickly, I changed into my uniform since I had shifted this afternoon at Mr. Hart's restaurant. I even sprayed an extra sprint of my cologne Lana gave me for Christmas last year.

It took a record time of twenty minutes to arrive at Mr. Hart's restaurant, which was still vacant. Beads of sweat were dripping down my forehead, and I instantly felt a ping of embarrassment in my stomach. Lana couldn't see me sweating like a freaking pig. What was the point of spending thirty minutes looking attractive when it got ruined in less than ten seconds?

Sighing, I opened the glass door, feeling the cooling air from the AC hit me immediately. When I saw her sitting on the barstool, everything was like a blur. My pulse quickened and my heart beat violently in my chest. Her hair grew longer, past her ass and her face was framed with curtain bangs.