Chapter 18

Serenity's pov.

It has been three weeks since the whole murder ordile that happened in the manor. William and I had planed most of our wedding and father was more than happy to hear we set a date for it. Early April was what we decided on. William was becoming more busy with work so I was left to plan the wedding mostly on my own with a little help from my father. I hardly paid attention to what was going on in the manor and kept a safe distance from Ciel who had been acting odd as of late. I was worried that he still had feelings for me and would try to act on them once again despite knowing that I was to get married. I think he had realized this as well and he was going out of his way to be closer to me. I was cleaning a room for father one day when Ciel walked into the room. "I wanted to say I was sorry for what happened." Ciel says making me look over at him before I turn my attention back to what I was doing. "I have no idea what your talking about. Perhaps you could be more specific?" I say and hear a little huff behind me then footsteps getting closer to me. "I am sorry about the way I acted when Elizabeth was over talking about your wedding dress and your wedding in general." Ciel says from right behind me and I give a small sigh before turning a little to look down at him.

"I forgive you for that. But I can never forgive you for making me think my father was dead. That is low for even a human to do." I say before moving away from him and over to the other side of the room where I needed to do a few more things. "I needed everyone to think he really was dead and you might have given away that he was not if I had told you." Ciel yells as he stomps over to me and pull on my arm to make me look over at him. "Let go of me." I say in a deadly calm tone but he just tightens his grip on my arm. "No your going to listen to everything I have to say and your going to forgive me for my actions and your going to act like this whole thing never happened." Ciel yells making me feel angry at him all over again. "Kindly remove your hands from me well you still have hands." I say before taking a deep calming breath. "Not until you listen to me." He screams and I growl lowly at him wondering were my father was. "No." I say and he pulls me forward until his lips were inches from my own making me fear that he would try kissing me again. "Sebastian and I both thought that you would be asleep the whole time my guest were here. I never thought I would have to tell you about all of this. So now that you know we can move on." Ciel says before he starts to lean in a little.

I lean back not wanting him to try to kiss me again. A deep chuckle making Ciel lean back a little to look at who was laughing at him and I see my father who had a scary close eyes smile on his face. "It is nice to see you two getting alone once again." Father says making Ciel let me go. Once I was free I rush over to my father's side and he gently pats the top of my head. "Serenity please head to the kitchen and help Bard with lunch. I have some work that I need to attended to with my young master." Father says in a deadly tone making me nod my head before I quickly make my way to the kitchen to see Bard with his flame thrower out. "What has my father told you about using that thing in the kitchen?" I ask making him pause and look over at me with wide eyes. "He told me not to use it but it takes to long for food to cook the normal way." Bard says as he sets the flame thrower down on the ground next to me. I give him a warning look and he works on lunch and cooking the proper way. He was almost done when my father walks in and looks around the room until his eyes land on me. "Serenity come with me." Father says before looking over at Bard. "Good job on making lunch Bard. I will be back in a few minutes to take it to the young master." Father says making Bard nod his head quickly a small happy smile on his face as if he was proud of what he had done.

I follow my father to an empty room and father points at a chair making me sit down. "How could you even think about hurting my young master in any way. I understand your still angry over what happened a few weeks ago but never think of hurting him Serenity." Father scolds making me hang my head a little before looking at my hands that were clasped together in my lap. "I was not going to hurt him. I just wanted him to let me go so I thought an empty threat would make him do so. I would never do something to make you angry at me father." I say as I play silently with my ring hoping that my father wouldn't be to angry with me over what I did. "Serenity you need to think things throw better. Now then my dear child I think it is time to have you pick up your lessons on how to be a proper demon." Father says giving me a gentle smile, the one that let me know that he cared so much about me and the he only had my best interest at heart. I still felt horrid as if he was mad at me and this was more punishment but he was masking it in kindness. "Serenity I think it's time you had this. I asked your grandfather to hold onto it until you found your mate and you were close to completing the whole mating process. Your mother she wrote this for you just in case, we both wrote one so. I want you to have them read by the end of the week and we will talk more about them later." Father says as he walks over to a book case pulling two leather bound books from behind it then handing them to me. I let my fingers run over them as I look at them in wonder before looking up at my father.