Chapter 4

Serenity's pov.

It had been a few weeks since the night father had come home with his coat filled with holes. Ciel had thrown me a party and it was a lot of fun but I had hated learning to dance. Father hadn't gone easy on me like normal and had pushed me to learn a lot of different daces. "Serenity what are you doing?" Ciel asks making me jump because I hadn't really been doing anything but hiding from my father in the library. "Reading, well thinking about it. Thank you again for letting me live here with my father. I know I've been here for a month and I'm sorry if I've gotten in the way." I say as I look back over to the big window that was nearby. I could hear his heavy footsteps before his warm hand was on my back. "I don't mind. It's good that you can stay in the same room longer with me." Ciel says and I stiffen. The truth was I couldn't be in the same room as Ciel unless I had eaten until I was full. Father was careful with me to make sure that I was almost always full so that I didn't hurt anyone.  "I believe it has to do with father." I say before looking over at him before back at the window. "Serenity are you feeling better now that your with your father again?" Ciel asks and I sigh before looking over at him.  "I do not wish to talk about this. I'll be going out to the garden to check on the roses." I say and walk quickly from the room.

I could hear Ciel following me and to be honest it was driving me crazy just to have him this close to me right now with how good his soul smells. I pass my father who I see has a small smile on his face as he watches us and shake my head a little when I realized that he wasn't going to do anything to stop Ciel from following me. I duck down a hallway in the hopes of losing Ciel and he pauses when he walks over to the dark hallway I had walked down. "Where did she go?" Ciel asks as he takes a small step forward before frowning a little. i jump to the side as the clumsy butler father was training comes running down the hall panicked as he looks for my father. Ciel was pulled out of the way by my father and I shake my head as this clumsy man runs past my hiding place. "Grell are you done yet?" Ciel asks and hear a match strike making me frown a little. Grell just might have given away where I was hiding. "I'm alright." Grell calls as the light comes closer and father stops right next to me as he looks over Grell who was a lump on the ground.

I look up at my father who had a small smile on his face as he looks at me from the corner of his eyes. I was afraid he was going to say something but he didn't say a word about me being there as he helps Grell up and out of the hallway. "You shouldn't be running in the halls Grell. You will hurt someone. Now then it's time for breakfast young master. I will bring it to you shortly once I have found Serenity." Father says and Ciel sighs before the sound of his shoes hitting the ground. "Don't take to long finding her." Ciel says as he walks away. I relax a little against the wall  knowing that it was best not to run from my father at a time like this especially when he had more work than normal to deal with seeing Grell here. "Grell what are you doing?" Father asks and I could tell that he was getting frustrated with this man from his tone of voice. "Helping you look for Lady Serenity?" Grell asks a little uncertain and father sighs a little. "I do not need help to find Serenity, she is easy to find." Father says. I giggle silently before moving from my hiding spot to watch father and this man. Father had his back to me and the candle had been blown out  leaving me in the dark once again. I knew father wasn't watching me or even paying attention to me as he fights with Grell so I walk a little further down the hallway until I finds a big empty room. There is a big window in the corner of the room that lets a little light into it and I walk over to the ray of light that was on the floor and look out the window to see the horse stable.

I was only standing there for about a hand full of minutes before there were arms around my waist making me giggle a little. "Serenity why did you run from me?" Father asks as he turns me around and I smile up at him. "I did not run away from you father. I simply walked down the hall as you fought with Grell. I thought that you were going to be talking with him for a while longer. I was going to come back in that time." I say and father chuckles a little. "I see you found a nice room to play in. Perhaps when I am out with the young master running some errands you wouldn't mind cleaning this room for me?" Father says as he looks around the room. I nod my head before letting him lead me out of the room and down to where Ciel was waiting for us. "I see Sebastian found you faster than I could." Ciel says a smirk on his face as I sit next to him. We eat and I was a little shocked when Grell tried to kill himself in front of Ciel and Father. "Serenity please do as I asked you. I also want you to work on the roses so that you get a little sun." Father says making Grell pause to watch us. "Yes sir." I say as I nod my head. Once father and Ciel were gone I walk over to Mey-Rin who would be able to tell me where the cleaning supplies I needed are at. "Serenity what do you need?" She asks when she sees me and I give her a big smile. "I was told to clean a few rooms and need the cleaning supplies to do so. Seeing as how your the maid I thought it best to talk to you first." I say and she gives me a big smile before helping me get what I needed. I walk up to the room by myself and start to clean it as the others head outside.