Chapter 10

Sebastian's pov.

It had been almost a month since my daughter had been marked and I yelled at her about the photo disaster. In that time frame her lesions on languages had moved from French to German to Latin. Serenity had been doing everything I was asking her to do and she never talked back to me in the last few days. Perhaps I shoudn't have yelled at her like I had. Normally when she was so quiet like this I had to worry about her trying to get back at me in some way. It was something her mother had started when she was younger and they did enjoy getting back at me. I was just about to head to the kitchen when I see Serenity standing in a hallway looking out a window a lost look on her face. I sigh softly before walking over to her and pulling her into a hug. "Is something wrong my dear?" I ask and she sighs before resting her head on my shoulder. "Father it's her birthday tomorrow." She says softly and I stiffen because I hadn't thought much about her mother's birthday. It was normal for the week of a dead demons birthday to morn their loss. "I remember. Later tonight we will go collect some of your mother's favorite flowers and make a wreath out of them." I say. I would need to find a statue that looks a little like her mother in the garden that we would place the flower crown on it's head. "Alright. Is there something you need me to do father?" She asks as she looks up at me and I nod my head. "Yes please help me with the tea and sweets for the day." I say and she gives a small sigh before following behind me to the kitchen.

For the rest of the day I keep a close eye on Serenity fearing that she like many other young demons who have lost their mother's could go on a rampage but only for a few days. Once dinner was done and I put my young master to bed I walk with Serenity outside to the garden. We silently pick the flowers before weaving them together and Serenity hisses. I look over at her to see a drop of blood rolling down her finger a thorn from the rose also covered in blood. I walk over to her and gently lick the blood away before helping her remove the thorns. "Father do you think mother is in a good place now? I heard Bard and the others talking that when a person dies they go to heaven but I know that's not true for us." She says and I give a small sigh before gently smoothing out her hair. "She went to a good place my little raven." I say and Serenity sighs. We both finish our wreaths quickly before walking around the garden finally stopping in front of one of them. "This one looks a little like mother." Serenity says and I nod agreeing with her. I help her put the flower crown on it's head before placing the one I made over it. We head to bed not long after. We get a letter about a case and I had no problem with it seeing as how William was taking Serenity out to the frost fair for a date.

William's pov.

Serenity and I walk slowly down the drive to the fair not saying much. I hadn't had much time to spend with her since we both put a mark on the other. "William how is work going? You have been very busy the last month." Serenity says and I give a small sigh. The problem being mated with a demon is that I can't talk to her about the odd number of souls going missing. "I can not tell you such things Serenity." I say and she gives a soft sigh before looking up at me throw her long lashes. "I can understand that. Me being a demon and all." She says before pulling the hood of her fur lined wrap closer to her face. I offer her my arm and she takes it her small hand lightly gripping it. We get to the fair until some kind of contest was starting. "I see Ciel has father competing." Serenity says as she looks over at the ice sculpture contest. We walk around the stalls looking over different things and a thought occurs to me I didn't know when her birthday was or what kind of present she would like. "When is your birthday?" I ask as I look at my mate who was looking over a small pendent that looked like a raven. "January seventh." She says before looking over at where the contest was going on. "When is your birthday William?" She asks as she looks at me once again. "I do not really have one. Once I became a reaper I no longer had one." I say before buying the pendent and fastening it to her wrap making her look up at me with wide eyes. "It looks nice on you." I say before we go to watch the contest reveal their work.