Chapter 3

Serenity's pov.

It had been almost two weeks since I had found my father and he had taught me a lot about the human realm, more than I would have learned at home with mother who hardly ever took a contract. I got along with everyone and father had me working in the garden with Finny today working on the roses which I loved. "Serenity come here." Father yells from the kitchen making Finny and I both stop working to look over at the manor. "I'll be right back Finny, please try to keep the roses in-tacked until I come back?" I say as I stand and dust my dress off. "Alright Serenity!" Finny says a blush on his face as he looks up at me and I nod my head before turning and walking to my father who had a frown on his face.

"Your a mess, I thought you would stay cleaner working with the roses today." Father says before sighing as he looks me over. "There were holes all around the them and Finny said that they were mouse holes so we had to fill them in so the roses would't die. I guess I got a little dirtyer than I thought I might." I say as he takes a handkerchief to my face and pulls it back dirty. He frowns before grabbing my wrist and pulling me up to his room and looking at all the dresses before picking one. Father pulls off his gloves before helping me change my dress and clean my face so I was clean. "Father what is going on?" I ask tilting my head confused. "Meeting with you uncle and grandfather. I don't really want to be doing this but they heard that you have found me and are still alive." Father says as he pulls down my hair before putting it up with roses and a few carnations. Once he was done he looks me over one last time before we leave. I was worried that he might get in trouble for leaving now as I pause as we go to walk out the door. "Father does Ciel know were are leaving?" I ask and he turns to look at me. "He does, now stop stalling and let's get this over with. I don't want to make my father wait any longer." Father says and I nod before taking his hand and letting him lead me to where we were to meet with grandfather.

"Your late." Grandfather says when he sees myself and father and I just now realize that father was wearing what he normally would at home. "Forgive us father, but I wanted to make sure that Serenity was presentable to you." Father says as he gives grandfather a small bow. Grandfather looks me over before giving a small nod happy with the way I look. "Serenity you are looking lovely as ever." Uncle says and I look away from him unhappy with the way he was looking me over. "Serenity come over here." Grandfather says and I look at father asking him what I should do. He nods and I walk over to my grandfather who takes my hand and spins me around before looking at me. "It's nice to see you again grandfather." I say and he smiles at me. "I was very worried when I heard that you went missing after your mothers death. I'm glad you found your father." Grandfather says before looking up at father who was glaring at my uncle. They had never gotten along, something about uncle feeling like father had take mother from him. All I knew was that uncle would do anything to get rid of father if he could. "Boy aren't you happy your daughter found you? I had demons out looking for her for the last year and not one of them found you but her." Grandfather says and father looks over at him. "Of course I'm happy Serenity found me. I didn't even know my wife was dead until she had and I will be keeping her with me no thanks to you." Father snaps before looking at me and I rush over to his side taking his hand to calm him down.

"Now that you have seen her we will be going." Father says giving my grandfather a harsh look and a murderous one to my uncle. "Not so fast boy, we still have to talk about Serenity's marriage." Grandfather says and I look over at him shocked before looking up at father. "What marriage? She hasn't found her mate yet and I will not force her to marry someone who is not her mate." Father says pulling me to his side in a protective manner. "She is the only child of that woman so there will be many demons who go after her, We only want what is best for her brother." Uncle says a smirk on his face. "Your brother is right but I do not wish her to marry someone just for that reason so until she finds her mate you are to bind her to yourself." Grandfather says and I frown a little. "Father no, please anything but that." I say tears threatening to fall as I hold onto his arm. He pulls me closer to himself a frown on his face. Grandfather sighs before looking me over. "Serenity we are leaving." Father says before he picks me up and taking me home. Once there I sigh before letting a few tears fall. "I will never bind you like that my dear." Father says before he smooths down my hair as I cry.