Chapter 7

A young woman in her mid twenties was driving somewhere. 'Love Story by Taylor swift' was playing. She smiled remembering the love of her life. She was going to marry him.

Suddenly her car stopped. Sun was setting, it was going to dark. She jumped out of the car to see what happened. She thought of calling someone for help but the call didn't connect. Out of nowhere some young boys were passing by. They stopped seeing her alone. They smirked and started singing and whistling,

"Ghar se tyyaar ho ke kithe challe ho
Naale kalle kalle ho..."

(These lines are from a song of a famous singer Hans Raj Hans)

She shuddered because she was alone and they were teasing her. A boy was coming towards her just then

Thud!!

He was lying on the road. A young man in his late twenties had punched him. He gave them a dangerous look and they ran off from there. The girl heaved a sigh of relief.

"Are you fine, sister?", The young man said in concern.

"Yes, I am fine. Thank you so much, Bhayiya (brother)", She said.

"What are you doing here alone at this time", He asked her.

"My car broke down", She replied.

"Let-", He cut off by a phone call. It was the girl's phone ranging continuously. She picked up.

"Why are you not picking up my call? Are you alright?", A voice came from other side.

"My car broke down and some boys came and started teasing-"

"What? What happened? Are you alright? I am coming there. Where are you? Are they still here? Sit in the car don't come out-"

"Ravi! I am fine. A young man helped me"

He sighs in relief. "But where are you?"

She looked at the young man asking him the name of the place as she was new here. "xyz road near abc lake" he said. She told Ravi the same.

"Okay, Priyal. Just wait for few minutes. We are coming. We are near this place too. We will be here in just few minutes. Sourabh drive fast!

Ravi, Sourabh and Priyal was going to meet. Both the boys reached the place but Priyal was nowhere to be seen. Also, was not picking up the calls. They get scared thinking that something has happened to Priyal. So they came in search of her.

"Priyal, Just don't be afraid. Is that man still there?"

"Yes, he is here"

"Okay, tell him to wait with you a few minutes. We are coming. BRO! DRIVE FAST!"

"Hey! Drive safe. Don't rush! Okay, i will ask him to wait with me" They hung up the call. True to his words Ravi and Sourabh reached there within few minutes. Ravi hurriedly got out of the car and hugged Priyal as if his life depended upon her. Sourabh also came out and thanked the young man.

"No need to thank me, brother. It's my duty to protect the one in trouble. She is like my litle sister. Btw, I am IAS Arijit batra", the young man said. Sourabh smiles.