Chapter 26

Author's POV

"Do you remember this ?", Sameer said as soon as Sourabh settled down on the sofa. He furrowed his eyebrows as Sameer placed a pen drive in front of him. Sourabh glanced at the pen drive which had 'S' labeled holder and then at Sameer, signaling him to continue.

"Is this yours?"

Sourabh still didn't speak, and Sameer snorted.

"Why aren't you admitting that it's yours? Are you afraid of something? It's just ' an ordinary' pen drive, isn't it?"

Sourabh smirked, not missing the sarcasm in his words.

Sameer and Kabir looked at him with scrutiny in their gaze. He had been furious since the day he heard about his sister spending a night with this bast*rd while he remained suspicious of his actions. He was worried about her safety when Kabir entrusted her to him. He didn't even mention this to his friend, Kabir; otherwise, he would have gone berserk by now.

"Well, It is and thank you for returning this"

Sameer rolled his eyes. Kabir didn't speak all the time.

"You know, whatever you want, you won't get it"

Sourabh glared at him.

"You don't worry, whatever is meant for me will come to me, just like this pen drive came back to me safely."

He choose to not to speak more in Kabir's presence. He didn't want to risk his future because of some scoundrel.

After exchanging a 'few words', they left.

Sourabh picked up the pen drive and examined it for a moment. He plugged it in and checked its contents. Then, he took his phone and made a call.

"We have to wait until morning for the results. Let's hope for the best!" Tanu said as she set up the experiment with her other colleagues.

"We have tried the new chemical now. I hope we get positive results this time," Pooravi said with a tired expression. It was evening. They had been experimenting with the chemical Tanu brought enthusiastically since the morning.

After finishing her work, she gathered her belongings and headed towards the door with Pooravi when she bumped into someone.

"Easy, easy girls!" the man said, avoiding the collision. Pooravi furrowed her eyebrows as she looked at the person. She cringed at his shoes and his punk hairstyle. He was wearing a black stud in his ear and a nose ring. His arms were covered in tattoos.

"Tanu, come back down to earth. I think Goa's wedding is over now," he said with a smug expression. Both the girls cursed him silently. It's been three days since Tanu returned, and this man never missed a chance to taunt her. He isn't even their senior. Their seniors are much nicer!

"Kian, I am already on earth, but thanks for the concern," Tanu replied with a forced smile. Pooravi held her hand, and they left. He rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"Oh God, This Jugnu!" Pooravi muttered as soon as they stepped outside. Tanu shook her head while walking out with her bestie, who was still cursing Kian. She glanced at her phone, which was on silent mode and vibrating. Her movements abruptly stopped as she looked at the caller ID.

After a moment of thought, she answered the call. She gulped when she heard the voice after many days. They hadn't contacted each other since that day in Goa.

"Where are you right now?" he asked after exchanging greetings. She frowned.

"At the university."