Ch 14 - Feel Me

ATTENTION RADISH READERS! Please don't leave any spoilers in here or you'll be getting a spanking from Iona. Or Kole. Or Konnor. Whoever you'd prefer. 😘

***

Back in Kole's office I found him once again hunched over papers. He looked up when I entered, his gaze fixing on me hard and piercing. I placed the tray on his desk without a word and settled myself on the couch.

In silence, he ate and I watched his eyes close with the first bite, his shoulders relaxing as he swallowed.

"It's good?"

"You have no idea. My whole life I've been waiting to eat food this good." he paused, "thank you for making it."

"Like I had a choice." I muttered. He stiffened at my words but continued eating in silence. When he was finished, it was my turn. He moved his chair so he could sit in front of me and bit by bit he fed me the remainder of the food.

As much as I hated to admit it, Lucy had been right...food from his hand tasted amazing. The brushes of his fingers on my lips, my tongue, became ever more difficult to ignore and from the heavy rise and fall of his chest, the flair of his nostrils I knew he was feeling the same. I pushed the feeling down, reminding myself of what he planned to do to me. I focused on the image of him holding me down in front of his pack and just like that, any lusty feelings that might have been growing, withered and died.

"Did you settle your differences with Lucy and Allie?" he asked as I chewed.

"Yeah, we're good." I shrugged and he eyed me, suspicious. "What? I'm not lying. Konnor," I called out, "back me up."

"She's telling the truth," Konnor yelled through the office door. Wolves could hear everything, could hear any conversation through any door, I needed to remember that.

"See?" I arched a brow and he raised his own in amusement.

"Good, I'm glad to hear that you're coming around."

I didn't reply, knowing if I opened my mouth I was bound to get myself into even more trouble.

"So, my mother tells me that you ran into Philip and Moira Tourke yesterday," he said, feeding me another morsel of food. I racked my brain, trying to remember who he was talking about...the woman outside the clothing store who had looked at me like I was the underside of her shittiest shoe? Between Kole's wolf raging out and planning my escape, I'd forgotten about The Tourkes. "I presume you have questions."

"Not really." I said and he raised a questioning brow.

"They're a part of my history."

"I don't care about your history, Kole. Or you." He settled back in his chair, returning the now empty plate to his desk.

"Is that so?"

"It's absolutely so," I said. He nodded slowly, his gaze never leaving me.

"Their daughter and I were together for a while." A sourness gathered on my tongue, leaving a bitter taste behind. Kole leaned forward, forearms resting on his thighs. "I like that scent on you."

"What scent?"

"Jealousy." Before I could protest he dipped his head, inhaling me. "Your skin sings with it," he whispered, his breath hot on my neck. "Tell me again you don't care about me." He pulled back, his eyes dark. I didn't move.

"I'll tell you that their daughter can have you back anytime."

His green gaze flashed and he sat back, the heat leaving his eyes. "She died."