Ch 15 - Attack Points

ATTENTION RADISH READERS! Please don't leave any spoilers in here or you'll be getting a spanking from Iona. Or Kole. Or Konnor. Whoever you'd prefer. 😘

***

Kole towered over me, his body pressing into mine as his dominance seeped into me. I could feel it, as if his very DNA was weaving with my own. I gritted my teeth, fighting hard to keep him out. My body trembled, I felt so close to the edge of breaking.

There was a knock at the door, the tension broke between us, fizzling out like a dying firework. I closed my eyes, taking a breath as his power lifted. The outside world came rushing back to us so fast it made my head spin.

"Come in." Kole's voice was harsh, his eyes blazing down at me.

The door opened and Marcus and Carrick entered and I tore my gaze away, They were positively glowing. It must be all that mate baked bread.

"Luna," Marcus nodded, he paused, clearly noticing my distress. He looked at Kole, "Should we do this another time?"

"No, my mate just needs a moment to calm herself."

"I'd like to go for a walk," I said again, anything to get me out of this room.

"You'll stay," Kole said but I ignored him. I needed to get out. I side stepped him and made for the door, only to be yanked back by my chain. Kole wound it slowly around his hand, giving me no choice but to step closer to him until I was a mere foot away. "You will stay."

I gritted my teeth, rage churning inside but I was powerless...for now.

He turned back to his Beta and Gamma, without a word, they cleared the papers he'd been working on and suddenly, all thoughts of getting out of this room disappeared. I almost squealed in excitement at what lay in front of me.

"Are you interested in pack life?" Carrick asked, picking up my obvious curiosity in what I was looking at. I'm interested in maps, I thought.

I stared at the giant map before me, wondering if they had any idea what they'd given to me or if once again, like with my back pack, they didn't think it mattered. Pushing all anxieties from my conversation with Kole to the side, I focused on this opportunity. I couldn't waste it. Time to put my game face on.

"I suppose I ought to be. I promised Dinah...Luna Dinah, that I would try." I felt Kole's gaze on me, shining with approval...but there was suspicion there too. I was going to have to work harder to make this believable. Grudging acceptance. That's what I needed to show. "What are these?" I pointed at a series of red pins stuck to the map.

"These are attack points," Carrick answered.

"We're tracking where the Gulfs have attacked from so that we can try and predict where they will try next," Marcus continued, "they're testing for weak spots so they wont try the same place more than once or twice."

I swallowed, this was more serious than I'd realised. I looked up at Kole.

"This is why you had to leave last night?"

"Yes," Kole nodded, "Last nights attack was stronger, they're getting bolder."

"Or more desperate," Carrick muttered. Kole grunted in agreement.

I stepped closer as they discussed strategy, using their distraction to quickly find us on the map. The surrounding area for miles in all directions was dense forest leading into Yellowstone. I searched for the road that had led me to their show house and after a minute I found it, we were about 10 miles away. I could run there in less than an hour if I didn't get lost. Without my gear anyway, taking it would slow me down but still, now I had a location. The town I'd stayed in was an hour's drive away from there.