Ch 6 - Close Your Eyes

ATTENTION RADISH READERS! Please don't leave any spoilers in here or you'll be getting a spanking from Iona. Or Kole. Or Konnor. Whoever you'd prefer. 😘

***

I span and glared at the room as if this was all it's fault.

The room was functional but homey. The bed was huge, the frame made from oak with a moon and wolf pattern carved into it. It was a work of art and under different circumstances, I would have loved to stay here. The windows were huge and gave me a beautiful view into the woods and beyond. It was stunning.

For right now I was stuck here, I might as well make the most of it. I found a door leading to a rustic bathroom. It was decided. A shower was my next stop.

First, I scoped out the chest of drawers and found one drawer full of female sized casual wear. I snagged a hoodie, t-shirt and sweatpants and took them into the bathroom with me, not wanting to risk Kole catching me wandering around in a towel.

I stood in the shower, letting the warm water fall over me. For the first time in days, I allowed myself to weaken. I knelt on the floor of the shower, forehead pressed against the tile as I tried not to hyperventilate. But every time I tried to calm myself, memories of giant wolves and giant teeth clawed at me. My imagination tortured me too, picturing what was going to happen to me in twelve days time.

No.

It wasn't going to happen to me. I was getting away before then. I had time to plan my escape and besides, I might not need to. My call to the police had failed, but the staff at the motel I'd been staying at would notice I was missing eventually. I was due to check out tomorrow. When I didn't, they'd go to my room, find all of my things there, my hiking gear, my camera. They'd call the police. They'd start a search. They'd find me. They would find me.

Imagining it helped me feel better, so I held onto the mental picture of police officers searching for me. I stoked that image into a burning fire that warmed and calmed me. I was getting out of here. One way or the other.

After I'd washed three days of dirt and grime from my hair and body, I changed. The clothes didn't fit me well but I didn't care. My hair was a tangled mess and I spent a few minutes coaxing every knot out of it until the jet black was shiny and smooth. I'd considered cutting it short many times but as one of the few feminine things about me, I felt oddly attached to it.

I gazed at myself in the mirror, my clear blue eyes looked worn and wary. Sighing, I found a spare toothbrush and scrubbed my mouth within an inch of its life, running my tongue over my clean teeth when I was done. Despite everything, I felt better already.

That changed when I stepped back into the bedroom to find Kole sitting at the small table by the window. A bowl covered with a silver cloche in front of him. He was heart-stoppingly gorgeous and I hated him for it.

"Sit." He gestured at the chair in front of him. I wanted to tell him to go fuck himself, but I was starving. One apple in two days hadn't quite filled me up. I sat and reached for the bowl but he stopped me, moving the bowl away. I glared at him - were we really back to playing this game?

"Seriously? I let you feed me once, do we really need to do this again?"

"My mother has already explained this to you." His gaze was steady, unyielding. "You will eat from my hand to solidify the bond. Your body and mind needs to trust I will provide -"

"-I'm twenty six years old, I don't need you to provide for me!"

"I'm not going to debate this with you, Iona. This is the only way that you eat." The moment hung between us, a battle of wills. I gritted my teeth and sat back in my seat. I was going to have to play along for a while. Pleased, he lifted the cloche revealing a bowl of porridge. One of my least favourite foods. I couldn't stand porridge. He lifted spoonful to my mouth and I eyed the beige sludge with distaste. But I opened my lips, welcoming the nutrients. He began to feed me, his green gaze on my every movement. His grip tightening on the spoon as he watched my lips close around it. He took a breath, calming himself.