Ch: 5

𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧: 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞! 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐮𝐠𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐩 𝐢𝐬

𝟖 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 (𝐀𝐬𝐡'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕)

Me and Eiji were sitting in our own apartment, he was looking through a bunch of photos that he had taken over the years.

"I had a crazy idea." Eiji said. 

"What is it?" I asked. 

"How about we move back to New York." He said. 

"Where'd that idea come from?"

"Looking through these photos made me wonder. Why not go back to New York?" 

"I guess I have been here in Japan for a while. It has been 8 years." I said. 

"That's exactly why!" Eiji said. "We also haven't spoken to anyone back there since you were 23."

"That is true." I said. "Fine." Eiji smiled.

"Let's go back to New York!" 

𝐀𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐢𝐫𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝟏 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

We made it out of customs and baggage claim and we were at the front doors when an old friend called to us,

"Ash! Eiji!" 

"Max!" We said and turned around. We hugged him. 

"How are you?" I asked. 

"I'm great, I have Michael and Jessica waiting in the car." Max said. 

"Really?!" I said. Eiji put his hand on my shoulder,

"Ash we can see them later. We have to reunite with other people first." He said. 

"I guess your right." I said. "You can bring Michael and Jessica over to the Apartment I still have that was across from Dino's old work building." 

"I'm surprised that's still there." Max said. We nodded. 

"Actually let me drive you guys." He said. "My car has enough room." I looked at Eiji.

"I guess." He said. 

"Yay!" I said. "Let's go." I said and ran out the front door leaving my bags on accident. I found Max's car and knocked on Jessica's window.

"Ash." Jessica said and stepped out of the car and I hugged her. 

"Hi Jessica." I said. 

"Ash!" She said. "It's been so long." 

"Indeed." I said. I let go of her and waved to Michael,

"Hey Michael." I said. 

"Ash oh my god!" He said. "Hi!" 

"You seem excited." I told him.

"It's just been forever. I haven't seen you since I was like 9." Michael said. 

"How old are you now. You look so grown up."

"I'm 16." Michael said. 

"Wow. That's great. Also don't be like me, I was crazy at that age." I said. 

"I'll be fine, I have my parents." He said. Max and Eiji found us. 

"Hey Jessica!" Eiji said. "Hi Michael." 

"Hi Eiji." They both said. 

"Jessica, Michael. We're gonna take Ash and Eiji to their apartment, then we can go back home okay." Max said. 

"Yeah." Jessica said. "That'd be fine."

In the car me and Eiji sat with Michael in the backseat. 

"So, what's been going on here lately?" Eiji asked. 

"Well I know all the gangs disbanded 4 years ago or so." Max said. "With Ash gone they felt like it'd be chaos, so everyone started doing their own thing." 

"What are they all doing? Have you seen them lately?" I asked. 

"All I know is that Sing is now working with Yut-Lung, Blanca's working as a teacher, Alex is working at a convenience store, and Bones and Kong are unemployed." Max said. 

"Wow." Me and Eiji said. 

"Who are we seeing first?" I asked Eiji. 

"Let's see Sing first." He said. "Where do him and Yut-Lung work?"

"The same place. Yut-Lung's house." Max said. "Are you seeing them first?" 

"Yes." Eiji said. Soon enough Max pulled up to Yut-Lung's mansion. 

"Damn this place is huge." I said. Eiji got out of the car and I followed him, 

"Do you want us to wait here?" Max asked. 

"You guys can go, we can walk by ourselves after." I said. "Thanks Max. We'll see you later." They pulled out and drove away. 

Me and Eiji knocked on the front door. A man with black hair answered,

"Eiji, Ash?" He asked. 

"Sing?" I asked. I was in fact looking at Sing. He wasn't the small shrimp gang leader anymore. 

"You guys look old." He said and laughed. I was not impressed. 

"Sing how are you?" Eiji asked, ignoring what Sing just said. 

"I'm good. You guys can come in." Sing let us inside. 

"Yut-Lung is busy so he can't talk right now, but you guys wanna hang around?" He asked. 

"Sure." I said. Me and Eiji walked around the house. 

"This house hasn't changed one bit." Eiji said. 

"You've been here before?" I asked. 

"Yeah. Remember when Yut-Lung bailed me out of jail after your fight with Arthur." Eiji reminded me,

"I nearly forgot about that." I said and laughed. "It was a long time ago, 9 years."

"I can't believe it's been that long. That means everyone we lost up until now has been dead for 9 years." Eiji said. 

"Damn, that's deep." I said. 

"I didn't know you guys were back." An older sounding but familiar voice said. Me and Eiji turned around, Yut-Lung was standing behind us. 

"Hey Yut-Lung." Eiji said.

"Hi." Yut-Lung said back. 

"You look like you haven't changed a bit." I said. 

"I have not." 

"That's not surprising." I said back. Yut-Lung smiled sarcastically at me. I returned the sarcastic smile. 

"Guys that's enough." Eiji said. "Ash we should be leaving. We have other people to see."

"You're right let's go." I said. Me and Eiji eventually found the front door and left.