Chapter 40; The Finale

𝐍𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Everyone was excited for the wedding. Akira's family was there, Chinatown gang was there, and all of Ash's and Eiji's kids. At the alter everyone was calm, Sing and Eiji. Everyone in the audience was calm. But Akira backstage was a mess. 

"Girl it's okay, breathe." Remy was telling her. Akira breathed in and out excessively. 

"Feel better?" Remy asked. 

"I think so." Akira said. 

"Just think of Sing. You're not gonna disappoint anyone. Ibe is gonna walk you down the isle, you and Sing will say your vows, you'll kiss, and then......" Remy said not being able to find anything else to say. 

"And then what?" Akira asked. 

"Then you'll be happily married, like Eiji and Ash." Remy said. "Got it. Now get out there, the music is starting." Akira walked into the room and linked arms with Ibe. They walked down the isle and when they made it to the end Ibe sat down next to his brother, Akira's dad.

"We're all gathered here for Akira and Sing. We stand here to honor them and their love for each other, as they come together to start their new life with a solemn vow." The Officiant said. "I'm aware that Sing and Akira, you wrote your own vows so I'll pass it onto you." Sing stood to face Akira, holding her hands. 

"Akira, in a moment when I thought I would never find love again we found each other. When I met you I was going through something dark, I had just lost my lover and didn't know what I was gonna do. You filled that hole in my heart, and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you." Sing said. 

"I first met you when I was young and insecure. You taught me to love myself again, now we'll be together, I love you." Akira said. 

"Now it's time for the rings." Said the Pastor. 

"Does Sing have a ring-bearer?" Jeremy whispered into Remy's ear.

"No he doesn't. But be quiet." Remy whispered back. 

"Now Sing, repeat after me as you place this ring on Akira's finger." The Officiant said. "With this ring, I shall love and cherish you forevermore." Sing slid the ring onto Akira's finger,

"With this ring, I shall love and cherish you forevermore." He said.

"Akira, you will repeat after me while placing this ring on Sing's finger." The Pastor said. "With this ring, I shall love and cherish you forevermore." Akira placed the ring on Sing,

"With this ring, I shall love and cherish you forevermore." She said. 

"Sing, do you take this woman to be your wedded wife?" 

"I do." Sing said. 

"And Akira, do you take this man to be your husband?"

"I do." Akira said. 

"By the power invested in me, I here by pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." The Pastor said before Akira and Sing kissed.

"Mr. and Mrs. Soo-Ling everyone." The Officiant said as everyone stood up and clapped. Sing and Akira kissed and then ran down the isle. They were followed by Remy and Eiji who were followed by the bridesmaids. 

Everyone left the church to have the reception at Ash and Eiji's mansion. 

"Okay. The newlywed couple and Akira's family would you follow me. It's picture time." Eiji said holding his camera.