Ch: 23

𝐀𝐬𝐡'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

It has been a couple months and since January we had 20 more kids brought into our custody. Most of them were young boys, but we had some girls. (Not counting Sally) I was sitting in the living room when Isaac and Oliver ran up to me, they were really quirky 16 year-old boys.

"Aslan!" They said in unison. Isaac held his hands in the air and Oliver stopped behind him.

"Yes?" I asked looking at them. 

"We may or may not be spreading news." Oliver said. 

"We already know you and Eiji are super gay!" Isaac said. I put a look on my face that read, "Seriously?"

"Eiji wants you to meet him outside!" Oliver said. Isaac did a girl squealed and ran off. I stood up and walked out a side door. Eiji was waiting in the round pavilion talking to Isaac and Oliver,

"What did you guys say to him?" Eiji asked. 

"Oh nothing, just that you guys are super gay and you needed to talk to him!" Isaac said. 

"Seriously Isaac?" Eiji asked. 

"What he wasn't lying?" Oliver said. Eiji threw his arms in the air and spotted me. 

"Hey Ash!" He said. 

"Oh! And the fun begins!" Oliver said. 

"We'll be inside." Isaac said and pulled Oliver by his hand. I walked over to Eiji,

"Hey." I said. "Why did Oliver and Isaac call me out here?" Eiji grabbed my hands,

"You know I love you." He said. 

"Go on." I said smirking. 

"But I have to go back to Japan for a few days." Eiji said. My smiled dropped. 

"Without me?" I asked. "What's it for?"

"Ibe wants me to help him with a project." Eiji said. 

"Am I coming with you?" I asked. 

"He really only called for me." Eiji said. "But I'm only gonna be gone for a week." 

"A week is a long time." I said frowning. 

"And I'm leaving tonight, Ibe is coming to pick me up at 10. I'm already packed." Eiji said. 

"Okay." I said frowning. Eiji pulled me down a bit,

"It'll be fine. You can handle these kids on your own." He said. 

𝟏𝟎 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Eiji put all his bags by the front door and all the kids were standing behind me. 

"Have fun Eiji!" They all said when Ibe came and picked up Eiji's bags. 

"Bye everyone. I'll be back." Eiji said. Eiji walked up to me and hugged me. 

"I'll see you soon Aslan." He said. I nodded then gave him a quick kiss. He pulled away after 30 seconds. 

"Bye Ash." Eiji said and followed Ibe out the door. As soon as Eiji closed the door I said,

"Bed for everyone except for the teenagers!" All the kids under thirteen whined, but they went to their rooms. 

"I'm kidding, teenagers go to bed!" I said. 

"Dang it!" Jeremy yelled. 

"Too bad!" I yelled back. I also went back to the room Eiji and I shared. I flopped onto the bed without changing, I felt sad without Eiji. He was only going for a week, but that was too long. We haven't been away from each other since we lived in Japan. I grabbed a pillow and laid my face on it.