Ch: 7

𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠: 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐲 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈'𝐦 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐩𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞, 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐫@𝐩𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐀𝐬𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐞, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐲. 

𝐀𝐬𝐡'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I drove myself to the Police Station to find Charlie. I walked up to the front desk,

"Is Charlie Dickinson still working for the force?" I asked. 

"He is and who are you." The operator asked. 

"I'm Aslan Callenreese. Now where's Charlie?" I insisted. 

"Ash Lynx?" He asked. I nodded,

"Yeah." 

"Charlie's in his office." The operator said. I walked passed the front desk and walked to find Charlie's office. I found a plague on the wall the read "Detective Charlie Dickinson" I opened the door and knocked on the wall,

"Cool to know you were promoted to Detective. Charlie." I said. He jumped and turned to face me, I could tell he didn't recognize me.

"Remember me?" I asked. I took off my glasses and pulled my hair back. 

"Ash?" Charlie said. I nodded,

"Yeah, it's me. I'm back." 

"You've grown a lot." Charlie said. 

"Yeah. I guess that happens when you live in a foreign country for almost a decade." I said.

"Well what brings you here?" Charlie asked. 

"I have something to tell and ask you about." I said. 

"Sit down and tell me." I grabbed a chair and sat in front of Charlie. 

"So me and Eiji got back early in the morning yesterday. And on the way back to our apartment we encountered a boy named Josh." I said. "He was running from a group of men, we saved him and took him back to our place." 

"Continue." Charlie said. 

"And he told us they r@ped him." I said. 

"Oh." Charlie said. "And what was your reaction?" 

"I thought for a bit about how much I could relate to Josh." I said. "And after thinking, I can't just sit here and just think about all the kids like me and Josh that are possibly suffering. I need to help them somehow."

"Do you want me to help you with that?" Charlie asked. 

"Yeah. I don't know what I'm trying to do though, maybe take these kids in and provide them with the support I barely got. I don't want them to suffer through the after thoughts of their tr*uma." 

"Are you thinking of like therapy or a rehabilitation sort of thing?" 

"Rehabilitation is what I was thinking. But I have no idea how I can provide that." 

"I think rehabilitation is a great idea. What do you need my help with?" 

"I need your help to investigate cases with me. You know what types." I said.

"Got it. I'll do that." Charlie said. 

"And that's it. What should I do about Josh?" I asked. 

"You can keep Josh with you and Eiji for now. But be sure to make sure he's comfortable around you guys." Charlie said. 

"Got it. Well I'll go now. Eiji is with Josh, I'll see you later Charlie." I said and got up from the chair. 

When I got back to the Apartment I recognized Max's car in the parking lot. In the apartment Jessica was there and she was talking with Eiji and Josh. 

"Hey guys." I said. Josh waved.

"Hi Ash." Eiji said. "How did it go?"

"Charlie will call me later." I said. 

"Okay, I called Jessica and asked her to come over here." Eiji said. "She's trying to help."

"Okay. Hi Jessica." I said. 

"Hey Ash." She said. 

"How are you doing Josh?" I asked him. He looked at me and kind of smiled.

"Okay." He said. 

"That's great. Can I come over there and sit with you?"

"I guess." Josh said. I walked over and sat on the floor. Josh looked up at my face,

"Did you know you're still a giant when you sit down?" He said. I laughed. 

"Yeah." I said. 

"You're eyes are pretty." He said. "I like the color green." 

"Thank you." Eiji smiled. Josh then looked at Eiji and back me,

"Are you guys married?" He asked. 

"Oh no, we're just dating. We've been together for a while." Eiji said. I nodded. The wall phone rang and I got up,

"Charlie?" I asked after I picked up the phone,

"Ash! I forgot to tell you something when you came to the station earlier, and I think it could help with your idea." Charlie said. 

"What is it?" I asked. 

"We found Dino's will! 7 years ago!" Charlie said. This caught my attention,

"Holy shit really!?" I yelled. I turned back to Eiji who had his hands over Josh's ears, he was giving me a look.

"Sorry." I said to him, I put the phone back to my ear,

"What did it say?" I asked. 

"It said you got his full inheritance. He signed off all his belongings to you." Charlie said. 

"Oh my god. How can I use that for my idea though?" I asked. 

"Wouldn't you be able to use his mansion as the rehabilitation home." Charlie suggested. 

"I did not think of that. Me and Eiji will have to tour the mansion, to see what I now own!" I said loud enough for Eiji to hear me. I looked back at him, he was staring at me.

"What?" He asked. 

"I have to go Charlie." I said then hung up. 

"What did Charlie say?" Eiji asked. 

"I have to talk to you." I told Eiji, I brought him into a room and told him.

"What?!" He yelled.