13: Cherub In The Woods

"Shhh, A-Zhan, someone knocked!"

"Don't care."

"Tch, A-Zhan! Get up, I'll open the door."

"No need." Lan Wangji, sitting astride his husband, stubbornly bent down and licked his neck, dragging his tongue up the arching pale scruff, arrogantly leaving sharp bites.

"Tsk, oi!" Wei Ying sighed, gritted his teeth to swallow the moans and cleared his throat, talking above Lan Zhan's kisses. "WHO IS IT?"

"Er, sorry if i'm disturbing, Daddy, it's me..."

"A-Yuan?" Give me a minute!" Wei Ying turned to his captor. "You may devour your helpless victim later, dear abductor, may I go see my son first?"

Lan Wangji pouted.

"He's your son, too!" Wei Wuxian smacked his head.

"Alright, you stay."

"Ah?"

"I'll open the door, you get changed," he smirked at Wei Wuxian's dripping wet body marked red all over before crawling out of the bed, wrapping his still pristine self in his white robes and opening the door. He slipped out and shut the door behind him, letting Wei Wuxian change.

"Sizhui?"

Lan Sizhui looked up from the letter in his hands. "Father. Can I come in?"

"Mn," Lan Wangji nodded. "A-Ying's changing. What's the matter?"

"Zizhen sent a letter. A case to solve."

"Oh?"

Lan Sizhui took in his father's appearance fully and crimsoned when he saw the ruffled hair. "I'm really sorry, Father, I... should have come later..."

"Silly child," Wei Wuxian opened the door. "We've told you you can come find us anytime. And anytime means anytime." He shot a glare at Lan Wangji before putting his arm around his son's shoulder and taking him into the house. "Now tell, what's the case?" He asked when they were seated.

"Zizhen sent a letter. There's been sightings of a demonic beast in a vast and thick forest he was passing by, and it's been described as a black wolf with red eyes and a red glow. The cerise radiation and scarlet eyes are what made Zizhen and Xiuying guess that it was a demonic beast. It was usually seen with blood pouring out of its mouth..."

"After raw meat consumption," Lan Wangji suggested.

"Yes, Father." Lan Sizhui proceeded to explain how the beast would vanish into thin air and not leave signs of residing in the forest. "That's what makes the thing strange. The sect hadn't been able to track it down at all..." Lan Sizhui's voice kept lowering out of worry.

"Sizhui..." Wei Wuxian sensed something off. "What sect is this? Where's this forest?"

Lan Sizhui frowned, kept the letter aside and mumbled something in reply.

"What!" Wei Wuxian gasped. "But then... Tch, there's something not right."

"Mn," Lan Zhan nodded, equally shocked. "If it's them... Hey, Sizhui, anything else?"

"No. But for one thing. Zizhen clearly stated me to only spill this out to Father and Daddy. Not even Jingyi. I don't get why..."

"I think I get him," Wei Wuxian nodded slowly. "A demonic wolf sighted, but never caught once chased down. And doesn't live in the forest. Sounds like it can transform into something the pursuers wouldn't find."

"I thought the same," Lan Sizhui nodded. "But wouldn't that mean the beast's a..." he gulped. "Werewolf?"

"Mn," Lan Zhan agreed. "Most plausible."