49: Hanguang-Jun's Son

"OUCH!"

"Wake UP!"

"What?"

"You didn't realise you fell asleep did you?"

"I- no I didn't."

"Of course you didn't."

"I meant I didn't fall asleep."

"Oh please, you were going zzzzzzzzz- Ow!"

"Yiyi, for God's sake stop being a baby, smacking heads."

"Excuse me? You smacked me too just now!"

"Good for you. You smacked me first, so she smacked you on behalf of me. Thank you, sister."

"Tsk, idiots," Jin Xiyi pinched her forehead. "I didn't smack anyone FOR anyone."

"Yeah, she's just having another rusty mood swing."

Jin Xiyi tut-tutted and rose from her seat. Lan Jingyi and Jin Ling both stood up and took one arm each, helping her lie down on the bed. She fell asleep the instant her head touched the pillow.

"What's that about 'good for you'?"

"Well, I wasn't lying-" SMACK! "Ouch!"

"See? It hurts!"

"You hit me twice now!" Jin Ling reached around Jingyi's head and whacked hard.

"THE HECK?"

Fists flinging at each other, the two began to roll around the bedroom floor, until a pillow came flying in out of nowhere and smacked them both in the head.

"Xiyi?"

"Either you two stop it or GET OUT!"

"S...sorry..." Jin Ling gulped and sat down at the table. Jingyi placed the pillow back on the bed and returned to the table.

"Now then, where were we? Sizhui. Since Sizhui's going to be forced to stay in Cloud Recesses for a week until it's made certain that no news of his fire skills gets out, are you going to stay here too?"

"I'd love to. But then... I can't stay here with no valid reason," Jin Ling sighed and propped his head upon his hands.

"Hm... we'll make up a valid reason!"

"No, Sizhui himself will make me go. And as Nie Shushu said, I need to get back soon. Nie Shushu said our Terrific Ten will meet up at my Fragrant Palace. Least elders."

"Least elders, true, so why not Yunmeng?"

"Thought we'll give Jiujiu and them a break because... they've been through a lot. So we're having it at Lanling."

"Okay... so right. You have to go... when are you going?"

"Jingyi, first tell me why you called me here and why you're asking all this?"

"It isn't like you are busy studying at the library or something!"

"No, I was feeding Rouruan with Daddy and Father."

"Well sorry to disrupt your peace but we need to fix this problem."

"What problem?"

"You two! Hm... at least before the meeting-up of all ten of us, how about you two spend some time together?"

"What on earth made you think that right now?"

"Because even if when Sizhui woke up yesterday you did make up to each other... or should I say make OUT?"

"OI!"

"Haha! So although you've reconciled... Sizhui still seems... far away..."

Jin Ling frowned seeing the wrinkled forehead across the table. "You went for a conference with him and the Lan Elders on the battle didn't you? Did something happen?"