14: An Amethyst and A Sapphire

"Hello, pals!" Wei Wuxian slung his arm around their necks.

Hua Cheng and Xie Lian smiled at him. "Good to see you."

"Where's Mister Glacier?" Xie Lian looked around.

"He's off in his Library–"

"A-Ying."

"Ey, A-Zhan? Darling came!"

"Mn," Lan Wangji showed Xie Lian and Hua Cheng to the seats around their Jingshi's table and they all sat down.

"What made you drop your work and come here? Still suspect I won't give it?" Wei Wuxian laughed. "I will, I will, I'm ditching the stupid thing." He turned to the others. "Hua Cheng, you said there's some place in your realm to dump my Carmine Catastrophe?"

"Yes, Black Water Lake."

"Then would you be kind enough to do so if I give the damned thing to you today before you leave?"

"Give it now," Lan Zhan cut in.

"Sheesh, alright! Hua Cheng?"

"Sure," Hua Cheng nodded.

Wei Wuxian flourished his hand and a tall spectacular staff appeared beside the table, floating mind-air, standing upright. "Don't touch the ruby on top, just handle the pole."

Hua Cheng nodded again and gripped the pole, placing the sceptre on the ground beside him, as far away from his husband as he could reach. Xie Lian's safety always came first.

"If it's so useful in dealing with dark stuff and absorbs all evils, isn't it good to keep it with you?" Xie Lian asked, smiling and clasping Hua Cheng's hand tighter when he saw the latter holding the sceptre away from him.

Lan Wangji furiously shook his head. "Harms his temperament. Doubles the resentment energy."

"Oh, so he might go on a rampage?" Xie Lian shuddered. "Dangerous. Good, then. Good that you don't keep it. So? How are the grandfathers-to-be doing?" He grinned.

"Very merry," Wei Wuxian grinned back. "Hey, did you know? Babies kick!"

"Duh, they've got legs?" Hua Cheng raised an eyebrow.

"No! I mean they can kick when they're still in the womb! Foetuses! Foetuses can kick!"

"Woah, seriously?" Hua Cheng gawked.

Xie Lian sighed. "Really? You three've never been normal mortals?"

All three shrugged.

"Gege's known this?" Hua Cheng wondered.

"Yes, through relatives, while I was Xianle's Crown Prince."

"Ah," Hua Cheng nodded.

"I see," Wei Wuxian nodded. "But come on! Kicking! And that too, this Yiyi's one kicks all the time!"

"Must be a naughty little boy coming out in February," Xie Lian chuckled.

"Any news from your realms?" Lan Wangji looked at them, handing them cups of tea.

"Not from mine, just Qi Rong playing pranks on everyone again," Hua Cheng sighed and flipped his hair with exasperation.

"Heavenly Realm, yes. Ever heard of the Qiong Qi?"

"Qiongqi..." Lan Wangji gulped.

Wei Wuxian quickly hugged him tight, wrapping him up in all the reassuring love he could pour into their core-bond, soothing him.