36: Evil Emerald

Quick note: So, I just realised when writing the last chapter some may have trouble in differentiating between Xiaolian and Xiaoqing. Like when they have dialogues and it's them being called Xiaoqing, Xiaolian, instead of their full names. So here's a tip. Well, actually, it might be something you've figured out already had you known Chinese but... well... here you go!

𑁍 Xiaoqing means "blessed with intelligence". 

𑁍 Xiaolian means "little compassionate one". But the thing is, Xiaolian's name has another hint in it. Remember Jiang Meilien? Her being called Lianhua Meiren? And Lotus Pier is called Lianhua Wu in Chinese? Well, matter of fact, "lian" or "lien" [in Meilien's case] = lotus

𑁍 The reason Wei Xiaolian would have been named so would obviously be her father, Master Wei, missing his brother, Wei Changze. Wei Changze went to work at the Jiang sect. Hence he named his daughter after the Jiang emblem in memory of his brother. See the trick? Next time you see Xiaolian, you'll think of the lotus: hence, that girl's obviously WWX's sister. 

Hope the tip helped! 😁

Thank you guys so much for being such devoted readers, honestly, I'd never have expected to be close to 20K reads with my FIRST book! Wow! Honestly humbly amazed. 

Love you lovelies so much, thanks for being my pillars of support! 💜 WXLL. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

Lan Xichen and Jiang Cheng sauntered around the compound, waiting for something to happen. A call for help, a roar of a beast, someone to return, whatever.

But none came.

At least, not until fifteen minutes spun by and two figures appeared behind them amidst raging cyan flames.

"Wei Xiaolian?" Lan Xichen twirled around to see them.

"Zewu-Jun!" Xiaolian bowed.

"Xiaoqing's here too?"

"Yes, Young Master Lan," Chang Xiaoqing bowed. "We came to notify you all. Xiaolian and I spotted something... odd."

"Describe," Jiang Cheng barked.

"I heard a roar," Wei Xiaolian explained. "And then we both saw this bright flash of green lightning."

"GREEN lightning?"

"Yes, like a green Zidian."

"Mint green?" Xichen asked. "Might be the Mint Melody."

"No. We ourselves would've tackled her if so," Xiaoqing crossed her arms. "This was... Xiaolian, what was that shade again?"

"Emerald green."

"Right. Like her eyes. Bright emerald green, just shot up to the sky."

"UP TO?" Lan Xichen gawked.

"Exactly my point. Not from above to the ground. From the ground to the sky."

"So that's why you said it was like a green Zidian," Jiang Cheng nodded. "Emerald green... not the Mint Melody... HOLY HELL! It's that thing!"

"Mn," Xichen nodded, unsheathing Shuoyue already. "That's the Qiong Qi."

"Good Lord," Xiaolian and Xiaoqing gasped.

"We'll go there fast, God knows what trouble they're in," Xichen turned to Jiang Cheng.

"Lan Wangji and Sizhui went too, right?"