34: Just In Case

"Brr," Xiyi shuddered.

"Xiyi?"

"Yiyi, s– s– s– so c– c– cold..."

Lan Jingyi nodded and took off his cloak, wrapped it around her shoulders, swathed her tummy, tied a knot with the sleeves at her neck to secure it. "Better?"

"A b– bit......."

Jingyi smirked and slithered his arms around her waist, clasping his hands on top of the minuscule feet kicking inside her. "Better now?"

"A lot," Jin Xiyi smiled and nodded. "Yiyi, how's Sizhui doing? You didn't let me go meet him, made me stay in here all these days," she pouted. "And I haven't seen Xiuying!" 

"Hey, don't blame me! I'm not the one ready to give birth in a matter of days! No more random trips until this one comes out, okay?"

"Whatever," Jin Xiyi grumbled.

While the two sat there on their backyard, Jingyi cutting work for an hour or two to wait until she fell asleep, someone walked up to their wall and peeped over. "Jingyi, Xiyi, hello!"

"Sizhui!" Xiyi beamed.

"What's up?" Jingyi nodded.

"Problem."

"What?"

"A-Ling. In three nights, he's going to go fiercely feral."

"WHAT!"

"Yes. Mind coming over to Daddy's place? Xiyi should stay–"

"Sizhui, Yiyi, for your information, that man you're talking about is my cousin brother!" Jin Xiyi stood with her husband's help and hastily walked with them to the Jingshi.

Seeing Jiang Cheng and Lan Xichen seated with Lan Wangji, Xiyi looked around, searching for Wei Wuxian.

Only to find him seated between Lan Zhan and Jin Ling, pulling the latter harshly by the ear.

"Just WHAT were you thinking, not telling us, huh? What do you take us for? What in the world is the point of having TWO fathers if you aren't even going to tell them what's worrying you? SPEAK TO ME!" He gripped the violet ear and shook him hard.

"Daddy!" Jin Ling screamed, clenching his fists in pain.

"So now you remember I'm your Daddy?"

"Daddy I'm sorry..." he sniffed.

"NO you're NOT! You wouldn't have done such a thing otherwise! It's alright for you to go tell your uncles but not your fathers?" Wei Wuxian pulled the ear again, almost as if he was trying to rip it off the flushed face. "LAN ZHAN! You're not helping!"

"A-Ying," Lan Zhan sighed. "You're being too harsh–"

"HARSH? He should be glad I'm not cutting this ear off, damn it!"

Seeing Jin Rulan flinching under the tug on his ear, Lan Jingyi failed to stifle his "Pfft!"

"Oi!" Xiyi elbowed him hard.

"Jingyi," Sizhui shook his head and made them sit down at the table beside Jin Ling.

"Daddy, it pains!"

"Then you PROMISE! Make amends!"

"I promise, I promise!"

"Promise what!?"

"I-promise-to-never-hide-things-from-you-again! Ow-ow-ow! I-swear-on-Daddy!"

"Good," Wei Wuxian let go of the purple ear and sat upright, crossed his arms, stared at the wall somewhere, pouting angrily.