9. The Final Battle

The dragons arrive at the Dragon Trapper ships, as Toothless, the Light Fury, and a cage that hold Athena hangs above the ship.

Cloudjumper lands on a ship, a Dragon Trapper pokes Cloudjumper with a staff, saying: 

"MOVE!" But, Cloudjumper roars at the trapper, however Toothless roars at Cloudjumper to stop him from getting angry.

"That's right, Alpha. No surprises." Grimmel tells the dragon.

Toothless reluctantly growls at Cloudjumper, telling him to go into the cage. He goes into the cage and knocks two trappers over. Lots of dragons are also locked inside cages. Including Athena, who is glaring at Grimmel.

"Why are you doing this. Why don't you want your daughter happy." She questions him, gently yet commanding. Grimmel just chuckles.

"Of course I want you happy, just not with them or with these beasts." He says, walking up to the cage, looking up. "Don't you dare, call them beasts! They are magnificent animals, who are just misunderstood...if you could just give them a ch-"

"I will never give them a chance, Athena. These beasts have killed thousands of us-"

"And you've killed thousands of them!" The daughter protested, looking at her father in disgust.

"You're not my father... the father I remember him as, was a sweet, kind man. Not some, sick, crazy man, who would lock up her daughter and not allowing her to be happy." She said to him, as he looked heartbroken.

"Do you have any idea, how long I searched for you? Thinking you were dead? Thinking you were kidnapped? I searched for you, for years. And yet, nothing. I expected you to be the best dragon hunter alive, following in my footsteps. But you don't...you're not my daughter...not until I see you kill a dragon." He said to her, walking away from the cage that held his daughter in.

Grimmel starts to lower Toothless down while the Warlords are preparing to collect him. Athena goes up to the entrance of the cage, whispering a 'no', as Toothless looks at her, sadly. However, the moment is ended when the dragon growls at Ragnar when he's about to touch him.

"Aww." He laughs. "You didn't think I'd actually hand you the night fury, did you? He's mine to kill."

"NO!" Athena screams, trying to open the cage door. Tears filling her eyes.

"That snake!" Geiselda yelled towards him.

"I intend to finish what I started. Best of luck controlling them without an Alpha."

"Hold on, Toothless!" Yells a voice.

Grimmel turns around and sees The Riders gliding towards them with their flight suits.

Grimmel turns around with his harpoon at the ready, only to be knocked off his seat by Hiccup. Grimmel grabs onto a wooden part of the harpoon while the other Dragon Riders fly past him. Hiccup, spinning around, expands his flight suit, flies past some ships, then grabs onto some rope to swing himself around.

"Toothless!" Hiccup yells. Toothless, upon hearing Hiccup, roars at Cloudjumper, who then bursts from his cage and breathes fire at the Dragon Trappers.

Grump and Skullcrusher also get freed and all three dragons start flying back to the island. Toothless roars at Cloudjumper, who understands, then goes to the island with Grump and Skullcrusher. At the same time, Hiccup, Tuffnut, Ruffnut, Astrid and Fishlegs land on a boat ready to fight. Fishmeat snarls.

"Perfect timing guys!" Athena says to herself, knowing they can't hear her.

Astrid gets a weapon out from a wooden box of weapons and Hiccup lights up his Inferno. All the Dragon Trappers start running towards them.