Chapter: [11] Sorrow

*Cover art credits: Haruki (Harumoti)*

Levi: Got home OK. I'm gonna unpack and watch that TV show you suggested. Can't promise to like it though. Realities are not really my thing. ButI'll give it a shot.

*after 2,5 hours*

Levi: Watched the first two episodes and it wasn't that bad. I might watch more tomorrow since you like it so much. Going to bed now. Let me know if you're free tomorrow evening, I could pick you up for dinner. Goodnight, babygirl.

Levi throws his phone on the bed and goes to his bathroom to take an evening shower and prepare himself for bed. Tomorrow is going to be a big and exhausting day at work as he needs to proceed supervising a team of newbies that was assigned to him. He really hopes to meet you in the evening and have some quality time together, because as much as he wants to push the thought away, he actually already misses you. You're acting like a schoolboy, Levi. Just give her some space for fuck's sake.

When he returns from the bathroom, there's still no reply from you. Weird. You always reply to goodnight texts almost immediately which he always adored since your sweet dreams wish usually puts him to peaceful sleep almost instantly, totally scaring the insomnia away.

He feels the anxiety building up inside his chest. Did she make home OK? Should I go check on her? It's nearly midnight. Probably gonna look weird. He walks from one corner of his bedroom to another, trying to push away all the terrible thoughts on what might have happened to you on the short journey from the parking lot to your room. If I go there right now, what will I tell her? I didn't receive her text and stormed inside her apartment like a weirdo? Like on that day when she had dinner with that motherfucker from work... Well, at least that time was reasonable, since she said she had someone knocking on her door. She probably just fell asleep immediately after coming back home and she has to get up early so...

Finally deciding to step aside his worrying thoughts, Levi climbs on his bed and tries to fall asleep.

***

Work has been crazy. Levi's subordinates managed to screw up the records of the latest trades which he instructed them to disassemble even more than he thought and now he basically has to instruct them once again on how to do it all over without messing it up. They even created a nickname for him - "Captain" - and he secretly liked that, still caring for each of them to save their temporary jobs at the company.

Levi got so caught up in work that when he realised that he hasn't gotten a text from you all day long he started to tremble. Was it something I've done wrong? Is she OK? Shit! I should've come to check on her last night! Dumbass! He tried to finish up the work as soon as possible, running to his car and planning to drive to your dorms.

As Levi gets in his car, he sees an unknown number calling him. No, no, no, no, nonono... He picks up the phone immediately, hearing, to his surprise, an angry woman's voice on the other side.

"Where is Y/N, Levi?! I swear to God, if you did something to her, you can say goodbye to your fucking life!" Levi recognizes the voice, his heartbeat increases with every word being said to him.

"Touka! Calm down! I've done nothing! We just got from Yamanashi yesterday evening and I dropped her off at the dorms! Didn't she show up for class this morning?!" Levi says, almost screaming from all the anxiety that overwhelms him.

"She didn't. And how the fuck you expect me to trust you?!" Touka screams in a terrifying voice.

"If you don't, check my security cameras, check the dorm's ones, check my phone, I did text her last night and she didn't reply! Do fucking anything you want, but I can assure you I won't lay a finger on her, for fuck's sake, Touka! Fuck! I lov-..."