Chapter: [10] Getaway

It's finally the day when our small vacation with Levi starts. I've already packed everything yesterday and Levi picked me up to spend the night at his apartment. Waking up in his bed and stretching my body this Friday morning, I turn around to see a very busy Levi in his wardrobe, packing some of his clothes, neatly placing it in a black leather bag.

"Good morning baby." I tell him, smiling, and he approaches to give me a morning kiss.

"Good morning. Get ready quickly, ok? Your coffee is in the kitchen. Also, we need to make a stop on our way there. It won't take much time." He says softly, placing a small kiss to the top of my head and going back to packing. When everything is ready, we leave the apartment and head to the car.

After driving for about 10 minutes, we arrived at some deserted area with huge containers stacked on top of each other and other construction equipment spread around the place.

Oh. Docks. It's where....

"Give me 5 minutes, ok? I'll be back shortly." Levi says and exits the car.

Well, he surely will need some food for the next 3 days, right?

***

Just like Levi told me, the hot springs complex is located in a stunningly beautiful place named Yamanashi which is almost a 2 hours ride from Tokyo. The thought of how pleasant it will be to relax in the warming water of a hot spring and to travel between the sauna and massage tables all day long already relaxes my whole body. I feel like a child who has finally started a summer vacation, except for it'll only last 3 days and it's autumn.

But I couldn't have had better company than my favorite person in a whole universe.

A kind old woman with a wrinkled face, I'm assuming she is the manager, accompanies us to our room, showing what's located along the way, telling us about the history of this place and their famous ramen recipe. At the thought of hot noodle soup, my stomach gives out something that sounds like a whine, which can not be ignored by Levi and the lady, making all three of us laugh.

Our room is huge - a large dining area with a low table and lots of pillows instead of chairs, with sliding glass doors leading to our own private onsen attached to the room, surrounded by a fence and colorful autumn trees. To the left of the dining area there is a bamboo sliding door leading to our bedroom with an enormously big bed and the entrance to the bathroom. Wow, this must be the most expensive room here.

***

We spent the day wandering around, admiring the view and taking pictures, mostly of each other. I even managed to make Levi take a polaroid selfie, which turned out so beautiful that I already made a mental note to buy a frame for it and put it on the wall.

By the time it started getting dark we returned to our room with plans of having dinner and enjoying our private onsen afterwards. I ordered a bowl of this place's signature ramen for myself and some sushi, so it doesn't seem suspicious to everyone that I'm the only one getting food for dinner. I'm a beast when it comes to Japanese cuisine so I'll gladly eat both of the dishes, heh. By the time the food was ready, we already finished the coffee and sat on the floor by the dining table.

"Itadakimas!" Says the old lady, placing the food on our table and bows before closing the door behind her.

"Levi. Aren't you going to eat with me?" I ask him after a pause.

He looks at me surprised, like I've just said the stupidest thing ever.

"No, I mean- you know I can't eat this, right?" Levi says in a low voice.